North Idaho/ Montana Trip

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
Jerry did you catch THat I will be at the Super 1 north out by Triple play at 6:30?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a great hike in Nidaho with Ridgernr, Vandal 44 and Vandals friend Chris. Great guys, greaattt scenery and a pleasant stroll in the park for Magnum! A good day to start the prep for elk season in 83 days.

Vandal 44

WKR
Pleasant stroll my @$$. Ross, I will agree that the country was beautiful the views where awesome. It was a lot of fun and everyone was great. I will say that Ross is not only the elk hunter from hell but the hiker rom hell, the guy is a machine. Thanks again I look forward to doing it again real soon.

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
Yep it was a great trip , a good group of guys that love being outdoors for sure.
Ross you need to change your handle to RoboRoss. It pushed me to that next level.

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
Note to self: When Ross says Vertical or Peak in a hike recommendation Pull out the "Hikes of the Inland Northwest" guide and see what hike he is wanting to do.
"Hikers have to think a bit like a mountain goat to enjoy this Hike"
"The trail is scotch with relief as it leads relentlessly UPHILL"
"Trail ascends heartlessly out of the logged valley for the first mile, then it eases to a more humane grade, but it still proceeds steadily uphill"
"The route is direct, gaining 3730 feet in 4 miles"

That trail guide is not lying at all. It was well worth it at the Top though.

Also ,I changed my Log on name to Randle, I see we have another Ridgerunner on here and I wanted to get several of my Log ons all the same.

Last edited:

Odie_7

FNG
Note to self: When Ross says Vertical or Peak in a hike recommendation Pull out the "Hikes of the Inland Northwest" guide and see what hike he is wanting to do.
"Hikers have to think a bit like a mountain goat to enjoy this Hike"
"The trail is scotch with relief as it leads relentlessly UPHILL"
"Trail ascends heartlessly out of the logged valley for the first mile, then it eases to a more humane grade, but it still proceeds steadily uphill"
"The route is direct, gaining 3730 feet in 4 miles"

That trail guide is not lying at all. It was well worth it at the Top though.

Also ,I changed my Log on name to Randle, I see we have another Ridgerunner on here and I wanted to get several of my Log ons all the same.

You might want to include "no water sources on trail" in there.

Having done the hike and fended off the overly-bold goats, this was pretty funny to see.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indeed water is a long way off👍 May have to do this hike again this summer if anyone is game👊 A Muley shed Magnum found in that area

Attachments

• F0126EF6-0346-4B3D-982C-ABDA0415E895.jpg
    F0126EF6-0346-4B3D-982C-ABDA0415E895.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 33
I am interested in meeting up for a hike. We did Scotchmans peak this past August and we had a nanny and kid goat follow us the last few 100 yards of the trail. Those goats are trouble makers, but it was cool to see. A couple pictures:
goat.jpg

goat 2.jpg