Last minute looking for a partner for Colorado or otc Idaho

btp

FNG
Hey guys, I know its last minute but I figured it's worth a shot. I've been on guided ranch hunts the last 4 years and killed bulls the last 3, got a herd bull last year. It's amazingly fun, but I've kind of done that.

This year I'd planned to go with a buddy who moved south who goes back to Colorado to hunt with his brother every year. However, they are going last week and I've got a work situation I can't get out of for that time frame. I need to be on a plane back on the 16th.

So I backpack in the Appalachians for trout, I know what I'm doing. I can call, I've learned thermals, habits, I listen to every pod cast I can, I want to be good at this stuff! What I don't have is a buddy. I'd like to match up with someone, hopefully develop into an every year thing. In a perfect world I could pay a western guy back with a trip to the low country of SC every year for deer, turkey, or saltwater fly-fishing.

I'm 44, I lift 3 times a week and play tennis 3-4 times a week. Hard to match elevation living on the coast, but I've been as strong as my guide on the hill all 4 years I've been, I feel like I'm way more fit then most. I'm not overly political or religious, I'm open to partnership, I'm not one of those guys who has to be in charge. I will probably have a bourbon and water before I hit the tent at night too.

If you were thinking of going alone the first couple weeks and would enjoy a partner, PM me. We can talk and see if it works. I can fly if you live out west or we can meet up and drive, I've got a truck. Thanks in advance.

OP
B

btp

FNG
My buddies brother is out of junction. I think he said 42, but I was just baggage until I got hosed by work, so I really don't know. I didn't want to ask too many questions, didn't want him thinking I was hot spotting.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to be hunting within a reasonable distance of Colorado Springs. I'll mostly be hunting weekends except for opening weekend of archery where I've got a 4 day weekend.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

OP
B

btp

FNG
Thanks for the heads up felix1976. I have a guy who was nice enough to offer, I just need a leftover tag...I'll be working the phones in SC on 8/1.