CO Hunting Partner, for 2017 archery elk

mvmnts

WKR
I'm new to Colorado, living in Longmont. Looking for folks who are nearby-ish who are looking for a hunting partner. This is my first elk hunt and my first archery hunt. I have a rough plan sketched out, but I would like to not hunt solo. I'm 30 years old, in fairly good shape, lots of backpacking experience, have many years experience hunting whitetail. When I'm not thinking about elk I also like to run, rock climb, and play video games.

I'll be hunting 9/2 - 9/10 and have my eye on GMU25, but open to other options. I have a full set of gear, and am outfitted to backpack hunt, but I am leaning away from that now and may just car camp and day hunt or spike out for a day or two at time. I am flexible. I'm the analytical type and love planning, so I would not be a lightweight in that department either.

If you'd like to join me or vice versa, drop me a line.

Last edited:

xziang

WKR
How did your hunt go on 8/2 to 8/10? Get anything, I hope not.. :) I'm sure you probably mean 9/2 - 9/10

OP
mvmnts

mvmnts

WKR
Haha yes. I was on the hunt, a hunt for good spots. From my desk.

Dang! I would've joined in but my schedule is just too slammed those dates. I live in Broomfield just south of you. I've got a 4th season mule deer tag in 25, 26 and I would've loved the extra days scouting in 25 this hunt could provide. Not to mention helping you try to get an elk! But like I said, my schedule won't allow it sadly. Maybe another time though. I've got a brother and two cousins out here but it seems they're always busy when I got tags so I'd love to find a huntin buddy.

Best of luck to you! Hope you get one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk