Central North Carolina

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone in the Raleigh area? Always looking to expand networks and have new hunting partners. I haven't run into many people that enjoy heading out West or even hunting for that matter in the area or at work? I am from NC but from a small rural area down East, plenty of people would love to go but are not financially able or physically fit.

I hunt whitetail turkey and bear here in NC. let me know if there is anyone out in the general area.

OP
B

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, Charlotte area here, but I do love my annual pilgrimages out west.

I’m moving to Charlotte area this Friday, go figure. Do you hunt down n that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freshta

WKR
Burlington here...heading to Idaho for mulies this year. Been to CO a couple times for elk. Good times!

navynuke

FNG
I live south of Charlotte in SC. I've been a member of a hunt club for 3 years now down here in SC. It's a nice club, but I'm seriously considering putting the money into more western hunts every year now.

OP
B

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for checking in. I really haven't officially landed, I'm living in a hotel in Forest City. Looking in the Belmont area but i have to get an offer on my home in Raleigh before I can purchase in Belmont. Hopefully i found a place to hunt? I met a guy at the grocery store two days ago and he asked me to come kill coyotes and if I did I could hunt deer

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
Late to the game, but I'm moving to Fayetteville/Southern Pines in June. Never lived in NC, so would def be up for linking up on hunts, hikes, etc.

Another Carolina fella here..in the same area as Navy Nuke been here since 01. Lots of opportunities in the Carolinas but you have to get away from the big cities...they are all full of Northern transplants that know nothing about hunting around here. For you fellas new to the area couple unquie opportunities. The southern part of SC whitetail season starts 8-15 so you have a legit shot at a velvet whitetail during rifle season. NC is one of like 3 states you can apply for a Tundra swan permit and you can always go down east and chase bears. Gotta put in some leg work. My best hunting spot locally is a farm I knocked on the door one day and asked if I could trade chores for hunting rights...I don't mind running Bush hog and I have been hunting there for 4 yrs now..feel free to PM if you have any specific questions. Good Luck!

Bl704

WKR
Late to the game, but I'm moving to Fayetteville/Southern Pines in June. Never lived in NC, so would def be up for linking up on hunts, hikes, etc.
Ncwildlife.Org has an interactive map to find gamelands, which are open for public hunting. They are heavily pressured.

Trails.Com will help locating trailheads. The AT is one of the best known trails passing through NC, but NC has many other smaller lessor know trails which vary in maintenance and rigor.