Any Colorado (Denver) Mountain Bikers?

Vids

WKR
I've gotten burned out on my normal workout routine (running, crossfit, swimming, hiking) and decided to buy a new mountain bike to change things up. I'm a total newbie, but am working towards a goal of doing a long race next summer just prior to bow season so I can be in good shape in September.

I plan to join up on some rides with Facebook groups just to have some company, but figured I'd ask here as well since I'd prefer to talk about elk hunting versus normal chit-chat. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in riding together? I'd be up for combining rides with checking out new hunting areas in the high country, not necessarily just front range singletrack stuff.

I am also looking at getting back into mountain biking this spring. I used to ride all of the time but haven't really ridden all that much in the past few years.

OP
Vids

Vids

WKR
With the warm winter I've been able to ride 5-6 times, at Bear Creek and Green Mountain. Probably going to be on hold for a few weeks with the recent snow, but I may try to get out this weekend if the trails look good. I suck really bad right now, but that's to be expected since I am new to mountain biking and hadn't ridden a road bike in 5-6 years and was never very good at that either.

I love it though, it's great exercise and I can tell it's going to build my leg endurance big time. I need a lot of saddle time to build my confidence.
Hit me up if you want to head out sometime, and I'll let you know if I'm going.

Phaseolus

WKR
Come over to the Best Slope and bring your bikes! Kokopelli, 18 Road, Lunch Loops, and Palisade Rim are waiting. Seriously, I’d show you Guy’s around Grand Valley riding.