Hunting partner AZ OTC Deer

Looking for a hunting partner for a multi-day backcountry trip for AZ OTC deer 2nd season 2018 (this will be the first set of fall dates in late Aug, early Sept.). Flexible on dates...I'm probably only going to spend 4-5 days on this. This will be an exploration and learning hunt for me while I buy points this year. Never been there so I'm going to knuckle-to and learn a new area. Happy to do it myself but good to have a partner along if it works out. The areas I'm looking at have at least three different animals that can kill me so having a witness along is just good planning. :cool:

43 years young, fit, many years of experience in the wild from AK to Chile. Can handle myself pretty well out there generally, have the gear for me and honestly probably have loaners of most things for you.

I live in Austin, TX, spent 10 years in CO, but I guess it doesn't really matter where you are.

I have some ideas about where I'd like to explore but I'm open to changing that focus if you have experience or thoughts on the matter.

Why do these always turn out sounding like singles ads?

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Lol at singles ads. That's awesome. I clicked hoping this would be for January 19 OTC hunt. I want to head down there for that so bad this next year!

OP
homebru.trout
Whether or not I notch my tag, I'll likely go back for the rut in Dec/Jan. Jan is a new year, new tag for 2019 but if I don't kill in Aug/Sep I'll likely do a December trip. Plan currently is to stick to the Eastern OTC units as it minimizes the drive for me and still offers plenty of rugged country where I can get away from everyone. @jebuwh and @azhikerhunter drop me a PM with your info if you wish and we can discuss the winter season. I may have a plan coming together with another Rokslider for 2nd season.

OP
homebru.trout
Have my plan as to location. Early respondents have drawn tags elsewhere or sort of fallen away. Still looking for a backcountry partner for this fall. Will be a Unit 27 archery hunt in late Aug, early Sept...flexible as to date. Drop a line if interested in chatting about it and possibly hooking up for a hunt.

I am in 27 often - a couple times a month -primarily in the Blue Primative. I hunt archery deer and rifle elk there, almost exclusively solo backpack. Really dry year. Get on your topo app- I use Gaia - find springs. Don’t count on there being water at every spring marked on the map. The deeper into the drainages you go the more water you’ll find flowing. Several creeks run year-round. Hunt high for Mulie and a little lower or on the fringe of the high country for whitetail. You can go in from hwy 191 if you want to hunt higher elevations or go in from the Blue river if you are looking at a Couse hunt. East and West of the Blue River hold good (for Arizona) game.

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
Are you choosing 27 as a deer / elk scouting trip?

If you decide to switch gears and look into some southern units (35a or 30b) hit me up.