Utah OTC Archery Elk Buddy

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
So with the way my summer and fall have played out this year with time off and what not, my normal hunting partner in my dad won't be able to go when I can for elk.

I have the 5th through the 9th or 10th of September scheduled off and plan to hunt most likely south slope. I do have some pack llamas lined up as well to bring in some gear. Looking for somebody whos up for a Utah adventure, resident or not. I'm a normal somewhat in shape, somewhat not 28 year old dude. I have all the gear I need I believe. Just want to go get a couple elk. Got into them last year and will be scouting at least 4 or 5 trips this year to find them again.

I read somewhere else on here that these end up sounding like a dating ad. It's kinda true.

Anyways comment, drop me a PM, whatever!

amp713

WKR
Hey man where do you live? We are same age and I live on the south slope. I've already promised to take 2 newbie hunters out this year plus trying to bring someone along to see what it's about that's not even been around hunting...

As it is however if I can help or meet up somehow I'd be more than happy to try. Lemme know what area you are looking into and if you live close maybe we can go do some shooting or scouting this summer.

OP
J

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Hey man where do you live? We are same age and I live on the south slope. I've already promised to take 2 newbie hunters out this year plus trying to bring someone along to see what it's about that's not even been around hunting...

As it is however if I can help or meet up somehow I'd be more than happy to try. Lemme know what area you are looking into and if you live close maybe we can go do some shooting or scouting this summer.

Hey that would be awesome. I'm still trying to figure out the season and there's a small chance I can get some extra time off at work on days my dad could make it, so we'll see how it goes!

I'm out in Layton but planning to hunt south slope again. I fish out that way quite a bit as it is. A scouting buddy would be extremely helpful for sure! Find some elk to get those newbies on would be sweet. I'm pretty much weekends but I can get out there fairly early on Fridays. Let me know what your schedule is like and thanks for the help offer!

amp713

WKR
Hey that would be awesome. I'm still trying to figure out the season and there's a small chance I can get some extra time off at work on days my dad could make it, so we'll see how it goes!

I'm out in Layton but planning to hunt south slope again. I fish out that way quite a bit as it is. A scouting buddy would be extremely helpful for sure! Find some elk to get those newbies on would be sweet. I'm pretty much weekends but I can get out there fairly early on Fridays. Let me know what your schedule is like and thanks for the help offer!

What area of south slope. I live in roosevelt and hunt the actual southslope Yellowstone unit usually

@Jebuwh I'll be leaving AZ 9/5 and out in South Slope - Yellowstone 9/6 - 9/15 for General Archery. I am a newer hunter and am putting in some effort for research. I don't know how much help I can be, but willing to provide what I can. PM me and I'll give you my number, and worst case we make acquaintances.

Same goes for anyone else hunting SS Yellowstone for General Archery.