Leveling Your 3rd Axis at Full Draw

Thank you for the great info. The bow i am useing is a hoyt ultra elite
3000 limbs . I will give that a try This is super great info

A basic point that seems to always be missing in these discussions is that all this only applies if you care to look to see if your bow is level when shooting. If you don't and are canting your bow as your normal operating proceedure than all this means nothing. Going thru the a steps in those videos are great but it requires retraining your mind/shot sequence to include checking if your bow is vertical. Full draw, 3rd axis leveling, tunes a sight to the bow, to the shooter eliminating a faulty bubble at incline/decline. Since this has not been a regular part of my shot sequence I'm adapting with the realization that it will pay dividends. I bring this up not to be a smart azz, but to help others see the need to level the bow at every shot. Otherwise caring about 3rd axis is a waste.

Boreal

WKR
I'm going to bump up this very old thread because this is the best explanation of third axis leveling I've seen. I just ran into this issue at the unmarked 3D shoot we had in Anchorage last weekend. Got my third axis set on Saturday night after struggling with angled shots, much better on Sunday. I still have some fine tuning to do, and these videos will help.

Got my third axis set on Saturday night after struggling with angled shots, much better on Sunday. I still have some fine tuning to do, and these videos will help.

Did you do it yourself?
Do you have the Hamske level or did you make one yourself?

I’m trying to decide if I should order one to set my 3rd axis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Pretty old thread, but I have two of the Hamskea Levels. Use at least one of them every single time I'm setting up a sight, or a rest for that matter.

Graves14

WKR
I’d say it’s old A-A-Ron is wearing the devil’s gear lol

The videos are great though, definitely the best explanation I’ve seen

Redside

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for bringing this backup, hadn't seen it before. I just put on an Black Gold Ascent Verdict earlier this year and at the shop they put it in a jig and did all the leveling, specifically saying it was for 3rd axis so I thought I was good. Didn't realize the torque made that much change. Will have to get Hamskea to finish leveling.

Pretty old thread, but I have two of the Hamskea Levels. Use at least one of them every single time I'm setting up a sight, or a rest for that matter.

Good to know. Mine is on order from Lancaster. Other sites are backordered now.

Boreal

WKR
Did you do it yourself?
Do you have the Hamske level or did you make one yourself?

I’m trying to decide if I should order one to set my 3rd axis.

Yes, I did this myself with a borrowed Hamskea level. Ordered one for myself right away after that.

vl777

FNG
If your sight has a vertical wire (i.e. Spot Hogg) - it's your best tool for setting 2nd and 3rd axes, no need for glorified detachable vertical pins

Brendan

WKR
If your sight has a vertical wire (i.e. Spot Hogg) - it's your best tool for setting 2nd and 3rd axes, no need for glorified detachable vertical pins

You bumped a 4+ month old thread, but.....

I shoot Spot Hogg, and I still use the Hamskea level every time I set up a bow and install a sight because I've seen Spot Hogg install the bubbles incorrectly. There's 100% still a use for tools like this even if you trust the wire on your site to be vertical and use that to match a vertical reference line.