3 Brothers Idaho Elk hunt - 2015

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
This is a video of me, my brother and brother in laws 2015 elk hunt. Video is a little long, 23 minutes, but but it really captures the story of our week. It's very amateur, shot with mostly an iphone and edited on imovie.

https://youtu.be/S7WzcP_WLvk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on a great hunt, the success, and video, the best line was, "where do we start"? When you get an elk on the ground that is a question many ask! Good luck on your upcoming hunts...........

OP
C

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the comments. I need to learn to turn my iphone sideways! It was our second elk hunt and first elk down on the ground. So for us midwest hunters it was an experience to get one quartered up and packed out. Can't wait for next year!

Randle

WKR
That was fun to watch, thanks for posting, the "Where do we start? comment was classic most of us have been there. Congrats to the shooter. Looks like a ton of gear , shows you just have to "run what you brung" attitude, love it, What unit was that? Interesting antlers any head pictures?

Last edited:
OP
C

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
That was fun to watch, thanks for posting, the "Where do we start? comment was classic most of us have been there. Congrats to the shooter. Looks like a ton of gear , shows you just have to "run what you brung" attitude, love it, What unit was that? Interesting antlers any head pictures?

Ya, I packed way to much gear, as soon as I got home I sold my packs, tent and rain gear. I upgraded and will hopefully drop about 15lbs on my gear and pack for next year. My goal is 55lbs for a 7 day hunt.

We were so jacked up and worried about packing the bull off the mountain we never really took any good picks of the rack. He was a 2 x 2. With huge eye guards. He was bugling, chucking and glunking like he owned the mountain. My brother saw him fighting with a bigger bull two days before. He definitely was a little bully!

Great video! That is some beautiful country. Great music choice as well, love the Braun brothers music.

OP
C

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Great video! That is some beautiful country. Great music choice as well, love the Braun brothers music.

Thanks, I found some of that music about a year before our trip and had an idea that it would fit in great for a hunting video. Think it really pared well with the footage and story of the trip.

PA 5-0

WKR
Great vid Brother!!!! Don't know what u boys had in them huge packs but u sure carried them well. My back hurt watching u guys load up at the truck. LMAO!! Congrats on a well earned bull.

OP
C

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Great vid Brother!!!! Don't know what u boys had in them huge packs but u sure carried them well. My back hurt watching u guys load up at the truck. LMAO!! Congrats on a well earned bull.

Ya, it was out second trip our West and we are learning more and more every year. I sold some gear when I got home and upgraded gear and my packs. My plan is to be at about 55 lbs or so for our 6 -7 day trip next time we go out.

Last edited:

fatrascal

WKR
I really enjoyed the video. I used to travel from Florida to hunt Wyoming so I know what it's like to learn to hunt the West. I've been in Nevada for 22 years now and I'm still learning. Look forward to more of your videos in the future. Fatrascal

OP
C

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I really enjoyed the video. I used to travel from Florida to hunt Wyoming so I know what it's like to learn to hunt the West. I've been in Nevada for 22 years now and I'm still learning. Look forward to more of your videos in the future. Fatrascal

Thanks for the compliment. We did not make it out there this year, but we hope to head back out to Idaho and put another video together next year.