Magnums 2016 Shed Hunting Highlights

Great video! Looks like you were in some of my old stomping grounds around the lake there. That elk shed with the big crown off the 4th was awesome!

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe several places you know :) My father grew up in Sandpoint and went to school with Pat McManus so I know the Panhandle and Nwest corner of Mt very well..........indeed those two crowed bulls you will see on cameras later this summer and are on my list for sure.....seeing the elk pinned in the tree and possibly eaten alive by the wolves was gruesome to imagine so hopefully it snapped its neck when it got pinned in the tree. I forgot to mention there are no more elk in Idaho all these sheds were found in Colorado :)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It restricted me from viewing on my phone I've never had that happen before. Going to have to try on the tablet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The one thing about shed hunting is they never walk to you...and in this country you typically see them from 50 yds or less... A great way to hammer the mountains and get an idea for the upcoming season!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats dang impressive much respect for busting the snow after them. So happy the tablet let me view the video

Laker

FNG
Great video. Has me pumped up now. And can't believe the whitetail sheds you're finding in high country like that. I really have a dilemma going on right now. A buddy of mine has a litter of chocolate labs and has promised me one. I've always wanted to train a dog to help me scoop sheds and the opportunity is there. However the wife doesn't want a dog. Not sure what to do. If I get the dog I'll have lots of free time to look for sheds as a bachelor. Either way great video, but not sure if ACDC is shed hunting music?lol

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks from Magnum. All snow covered now so we will have to wait a few weeks. Magnums theme song is that AC/DC song, as the antlers remind him of Thunder:) He is just counting the days to hit his favorite muley shed spot.