Wyoming high country deer

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys... here is a video from my archery mule deer hunt this year. Everything lined up almost exactly how I planned it except for one small detail.... and yes it really was a dude crossbow hunting with his dog at 10,200 feet, he says he was looking for grouse. Remember there are wackos out there. Now I'm a resident, and can go into the wilderness legally so hopefully will be getting away from this issue.

[video=vimeo;194100832]https://vimeo.com/194100832[/video]

hobbes

WKR
Good video. That's tough having someone else blow the deer out when you work so hard. I could maybe understand the guy bumping the bedded deer, but I'm not sure I could have been very polite if he saw the deer run into the timber and still went in and bumped him.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome video! The guy notice you all were there or was he completely oblivious?

Once we caught up to him he acted totally oblivious, but I know he saw us. When he was coming up the bottom, we had to be in the wide open on the ridge to make the approach on the deer, and I know he was glassing up at us.. I was looking right at him with my binoculars and he was looking back at me.. There's just no way he couldn't of. Then the second time was right after I had shot the deer.. the deer had run right passed him and he was looking around wondering what was going on. I was standing on top of a rock skylined and again we made binocular to binocular contact. It was a very weird situation with a very weird guy...

Sometimes bears aren't the only reason to carry a pistol. Hunting public ground here in KY, you have to worry about meth labs and pot grows.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes bears aren't the only reason to carry a pistol. Hunting public ground here in KY, you have to worry about meth labs and pot grows.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wackos and wildlife. It is for real. Hope I don't have to deal with it again.

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Thanks for taking us along.
You can't make up the crazy things that actually happen in life.
It's going to be better next year.

Well the video is back I guess. Good video! Bummer experience though. It's tough when you have a lot of investment in a specific animal, then again it is the reality of hunting on public ground that these unfortunate circumstances can and will occur. I am definitely no stranger to this as I live and hunt in California. I've had to walk away from idiots a time or two. No doubt though, that if one is a dedicated hunter most negative/bad experiences will end up making you a smarter and better hunter. Misfortune=Opportunity to learn. (I get a lot of opportunity to learn) Hahaha!!!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know I posted this back in December, but I just gave the video a face lift! Same link just a little better edit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk