Nebraska Elk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a video I filmed and edited for a buddy that had finally drawn a land owner tag for Nebraska. He had hunted all of archery season, and a little of rifle before I could get off of the hunts here in Wyoming and back to help him. First morning I was with him, I pulled this bull into 60 yards of us with cow calls. He stood there for about 5 minutes before Justin could get his gun up to shoot him. We were just getting ready to move to a little better spot when he showed up trying to circle to our down wind. Ended up measuring 400 3/8.

[video=vimeo;199209043]https://vimeo.com/199209043[/video]

I don't see the video link but I do wish I could hunt elk where we turkey hunt near Rushville. The sheds our rancher friends have in their yards make me pretty envious of having those sized bulls around.

I watched a young bull run off a strutting gobbler two years ago out there. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in the woods.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see the video link but I do wish I could hunt elk where we turkey hunt near Rushville. The sheds our rancher friends have in their yards make me pretty envious of having those sized bulls around.

I watched a young bull run off a strutting gobbler two years ago out there. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in the woods.

Hmmm not sure why you can't see the link.. it should be embedded in the post. Try this -> 400 Club final on Vimeo.

I'm actually from Rushville.. that's funny. There are a lot of elk around there and they just don't get bothered. I went out with Justin another time after we shot his bull and we probably saw 10 bulls over 360. It's crazy, and really fun being around bulls like that.

xziang

WKR
NE has some monsters, just have to be lucky to pull a tag and then find permission to get on some land. That 13yr old girl shot a bull that was 426 if I recall this season too.