Idaho Sheep Tag Refunds

buckeye

FNG
Has anyone gotten their Idaho sheep tag refund yet ?

As of today I still haven't gotten mine, seems like this should have been done weeks ago.

I've called ID Game and Fish and gotten nowhere, they keep blaming their contractor.

From what I've read this new contractor is quite awful....

Foldem

WKR
I was told mine was processed by the contractor on 6/29 but wouldn't hit my card until 7/17 with no explanation. Not happy.

I got a call back from Megan at IDGF. She said that their new contractor (from Maryland) was working on it. She said that they began processing refunds in late June and won't be done processing refunds until July 17 (next Tuesday).

When I told her that NM processes the refunds in about two hours she seemed shocked. It wouldn't hurt to let IDGF know how efficient other states are with the draws and refunds. I told her also that NV and UT use the same contractor and have for at least a few years.

OP
B

buckeye

FNG
Megan called me today as well, said exactly the same thing with the same dates, guess we are last to be refunded. She was super nice and realizes their contractor screwed up and will need to fix for 2019.

I didn't get a refund, but on June 9th got a call that I'd drawn unit 11-13-18. It wasn't until July 7th that I actually received the tag in the mail. I really can't complain on the one-month confirmation "in hand" though. With the unit 11 odds being 0.28% and the genetics and limited # of tags (two, besides any native hunters) each year, it's going to be a "Holy Grail" hunt. I've accelerated my already ramped up training as I had another sheep hunt planned for early December for Desert rams. It's going to fun. Getting all my work assignments out of the way to have time for scouting and hunting.
Diddywahdiddy

PNWGATOR

WKR
Congratulations on that tag! Please start a thread and post the entirety of your trip including research, prep, gear, scouting and the hunt itself. Epic adventure awaits!!!

PNWGATOR-
I believe I will do that...my work keeps me busy so it may be erratic, and any suggestions as to what to include would be helpful to myself and readers....
Diddywahdiddy

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
No refund here either. Time to call again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
Long story short, after getting in touch with Megan, I had to file a dispute case with my credit card company for the refund. Idaho says they sent the refund, and no record has shown that it’s been credited.

What a sh*t show this year has been.

Trial153

WKR
Long story short, after getting in touch with Megan, I had to file a dispute case with my credit card company for the refund. Idaho says they sent the refund, and no record has shown that it’s been credited.

What a sh*t show this year has been.

That sucks. This year sucks. This was the worst ran draw in was ever involved in. The most expensive draw of the year too.