Confession of a alaska master guide

Wapiti1

WKR
It was inevitable. But on the bright side, none of your gear matches for color, camo pattern, or brand, so you have some legitimacy left. Not much, but a little.

Hold it......You told me that gaiters were a waste of ounces and space in my pack?????????

Jeremy

Maverick940

Banned
A client gave me his pair a couple years ago. Best gaiters I've ever owned, though in two years they're pretty thrashed. Definitely want to replace them with the same thing. Damn good gaiters.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Are these the early stages of becoming a metrosexual?! I checked webmd but that’s inconclusive. I know there’s other Kuiu cult members here, they have to be able to recognize some of the symptoms!

Bambistew

WKR
You just made my ignore list... You would have been better off keeping this to yourself, and/or make sure to only post cropped pics.

You will be head to toe Kuiu in another year, posting selfies in a mirror asking for compliments/comments on your new gear. Sad, sad day.

Wapiti1

WKR
If you start referring to what you are wearing as your outfit, or you insist your socks match your shirt, it's started and you may not recover. Even if you try to stick to solid colors, the skull on their logo will appear in your dreams whispering sweet nothings to you and the next thing you know fed ex will be bringing the next piece to your door. Slowly you will replace the solids with Vias.

At least you aren't paying full retail.

AKTroutbum, you're supposed to wear the gaiters? I didn't even bring them last fall. I trusted my master guide's advice, and now I'm questioning whether or not I was put in grave danger of wet pant legs. I could have been cold and uncomfortable and gotten the sniffles.

Jeremy

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I thought he was going to confess to killing a tribe on Inuits or poaching a herd of polar bears or voting for Hillary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You may still have a problem. You certainly didn't pay the $90 they want for these things at full retail did you? If so, then ya........I can see the confession and the problem.

But if you got them on deep discount, you're golden! I paid $50 for mine a couple years ago. I was looking over their website the other day and checked their clearance items, then checked the gaiters and saw that $90 and just about fell out of my chair. I guess my current pair will be covered in Tenacious tape or Leukotape, as I won't be spending $90 on new ones.

Mike7

WKR
Are these the early stages of becoming a metrosexual?! I checked webmd but that’s inconclusive. I know there’s other Kuiu cult members here, they have to be able to recognize some of the symptoms!

Being in the medical field, perhaps I can shed some light on this. Unless you are also taking estrogen injections, ironing your underwear, or have a propensity for wearing matching spring colors regardless of the time of year, then you are not likely going metrosexual, but rather going hipster.

Hipster Definition:
Ironically, the hipster perceives him/herself as the counterpoint to mass-culture and conformity when, in fact the ease with which hipster "culture" can be appropriated, repackaged and marketed makes them the ultimate conformists (e.g.; tattoos were once a sign of rebellion and a badge of one's outsider status, now over 40% of all Americans under 50 have a tattoo, essentially making them all members of the same tribe.)

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next thing you know he'll trade in that .416 for a Kuiu 6.5 to back up his clients...

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Some of you guys are a huge help, like addicts group therapy. Some of you are what instills
Road rage in others.
A 6.5???.....I wasn’t hoping things hadn’t got bad. I’ll smoke meth and wear a thong before I own a 6.5. If it’s a Kuiu 6.5 I’ll smoke my meth while wearing my thong!!!
I’m relieved to hear I’m not showin early stages of mertrosexualism. I was getting concerned and almost started a paleo diet. Close one.

Jeremy if you had those gaiters you probably wouldn’t have got that Sheep and grizz. Your welcome. I saved you on that one!

Wapiti1

WKR
Thanks man. I knew you had my back. Now I need to find my gaiters for that goat hunt......

Jeremy

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hipster Definition:
Ironically, the hipster perceives him/herself as the counterpoint to mass-culture and conformity when, in fact the ease with which hipster "culture" can be appropriated, repackaged and marketed makes them the ultimate conformists (e.g.; tattoos were once a sign of rebellion and a badge of one's outsider status, now over 40% of all Americans under 50 have a tattoo, essentially making them all members of the same tribe.)

That's what's funny these days.......people seem to want to be so different by rebellion or otherwise, that they make themselves just like most everyone else in society today. If they really want to be different, they should cut their hair and stop using dyes, shave, lose the jewelry and piercings, cover up the tattoos, and throw on a suit.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
On a side note a group of bears is a “sloth”’of bears. And not a herd.