Confession of a alaska master guide

Maverick940

Banned
I’m just waiting for your first hunt report after wearing them. No more pic heavy one liners, it’ll be filled with all sorts of philosfer turned hunter inspirational quotes on why you’re a hunter. No more smoked salmon spread for hunters, it won’t be paleo enough. No more Bluetooth speakers bumping cause it takes away from the nature experience.

It’ll be a sad day Jake.

I'm pretty sure we're all "hunters", because we like to kill animals. I mean let's face it, if it wasn't about the killing we'd all pack cameras and only use weapons for personal defense.

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
now you tell me.......there is none around Atlanta. Should I unpack my sheep pack (not Kuiu)? I could throw in some Arcteryx? Is my mullet gonna be ok......don't tell me that's outta style!
Don

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kuiu being the Nickelback of hunting, haven’t heard that one before, too funny!

I’ve never used anything Kuiu enough to even comment on it. However, I thoroughly enjoy giving someone a hard time that isn’t a snowflake and won’t take what I’m saying even remotely serious.

Kilboars

WKR
Very good:)

Reading a story on an Alaskan Float hunt for Moose and so the thread grabbed me.

Just wear them inside out.

PS for those not in the know. What is the issue with Kuiu? I here it every now and then but have never tracked down the issue.
Please don't hate me for my ignorance.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is the issue with Kuiu?

Without diving too far off into the weeds, from my reading these seem to be the primary three:

Cliff drop pack testing / early packs breaking, switching away from N. American manufacturing, releasing products before they were fully tested (tents mainly).

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Sell your Kuiu and send me your CD’s!!

So the gaiters fit pretty good, I got large, apparently kuiu boys are a little slender in the calves. I think there’s just enough stretch in them to fit mine. The gray is pretty, and the little ram skull logo is just amazingly artistic. I just love the feel of the suede textured material against my skin, I only wore them to bed for the first two nights I had them. Wife said no more. So they are back out in the garage, but whenever I’m out there they are with me, we cut wood together the other day, took a long evening walk and pulled weeds in the garden, it was just one of those bonding days a guy never forgets, Katy Perry was blasting on my iPhone and I’m not gonna lie....we danced a little. I put my Kuiu sticker in the back window of my truck, wish they had sent more so I could put one on the wife’s rig, my gunnsafe, side by side, forehead, the boat window, local grocery store, and given them as gifts. I’m sure everyone would love them! Gotta run, days of our lives is on soon!!

Last edited:
Sell your Kuiu and send me your CD’s!!

So the gaiters fit pretty good, I got large, apparently kuiu boys are a little slender in the calves. I think there’s just enough stretch in them to fit mine. The gray is pretty, and the little ram skull logo is just amazingly artistic. I just love the feel of the suede textured material against my skin, I only wore them to bed for the first two nights I had them. Wife said no more. So they are back out in the garage, but whenever I’m out there they are with me, we cut wood together the other day, took a long evening walk and pulled weeds in the garden, it was just one of those bonding days a guy never forgets, Katy Perry was blasting on my iPhone and I’m not gonna lie....we danced a little. I put my Kuiu sticker in the back window of my truck, wish they had sent more so I could put one on the wife’s rig, my gunnsafe, side by side, forehead, the boat window, local grocery store, and given them as gifts. I’m sure everyone would love them! Gotta run, days of our lives is on soon!!

I am dying here!!!! "Forehead"!!!!

Wapiti1

WKR
ngnoN2x.jpg

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Slow down now. You should start out like, a day in your pack . Then the next trip take them out and use them to set on , get used to having that dry back side first . But once you wear them were you need them it is over your an addict. You might be able to stop now but i doubt it. Good luck, I am looking at mine now and they are calling me .

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s the trick... 1 part Kuiu gators with .5 first lite puffy and .5 seek...no hangover..BOOM

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I have Sitka ascent pants, first lite Chama hoody, red ram merino base top, ibex Marino base lowers, cabelas liner socks,Kuiu gaiters, cabelas puffy, will I be ok?

NDGuy

WKR
I saw so much KUIU and Sitka clothing it was amazing. People were wearing it to dinner, grocery shopping....everywhere.

What you don't have a different layering system for shopping, working out, or taking your wife to dinner?

NDGuy

WKR
it was just one of those bonding days a guy never forgets, Katy Perry was blasting on my iPhone and I’m not gonna lie....we danced a little.

Everyone loves that song it's okay.

[video=youtube;Wid7S3ttK9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wid7S3ttK9w[/video]

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Be sure to let us know how your new pack does Jake.

[video=youtube_share;to5OKjZsKRs]https://youtu.be/to5OKjZsKRs[/video]

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Ok. The gaiters are awesome. Man that’s painful to say. But really comfy, a bit warm but that may be good later in the season.

eamyrick

WKR
This thread is awesome. I bought a KUIU guide jacket 2 years ago and when wearing it I could feel the mountain air in the Whole Foods dairy isle. Alas, I had to sell it because it was so damn tight at the armpits.