Favorite Sheep Hunting Pants

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sitka Mountain Pant for August, but just got pair of the new Apex Pants. Excited to see how they work out for warmer weather.
Late season I like the Timberlines.

OP
I just checked them out. Pretty sweet all around pant really. Thanks for the tip Adventure 907

I just checked them out. Pretty sweet all around pant really. Thanks for the tip Adventure 907

No problem man. They are my go to pants for early season sheep hunts. I got them nice and bloody on the opener, they clean up nice too!!

Decker9

WKR
Iv used a old pair of Sitka (no idea the model) and a pair of Sitka 90% pants for years. For this years sheep hunt, I picked up the timberlines. My 90% pants rode in my pack the whole hunt, didn’t take them out once. I lived in my timberlines, no idea why I didn’t get them sooner!! My new fav by far.

I did order a pair of the mountain pants, but meh, didn’t excite me to much just wearing them around the house. Pretty noisy too.

no_uh

FNG
OR Cirque in colder weather and Prana Zion pants when it's milder. Both have worked great for me, but it's tough to find pants with a 34 inseam and I put a big premium on fit. Kuiu and Sitka pants are too short for me, and way more $$$.

carter33

WKR
Fjallraven Keb Pant. Stretch softshell panels, tough water resistant reinforcements and side vents.
Resurrecting an older thread here but are these still your favorite?

I really love these pants as well and plan on wearing them for sheep this next August but am a little concerned since the g1000 is partially cotton. Do you find they fry out fairly well and do you use quite a bit of the wax they recommend?