How Old Where You When You Got Your Sheep?

All archery:
CO Bighorns when I was 31 and 47.
NV Desert Bighorn at 39
Still hunting Stones at 63, making a couple backpack trips every year for them.

Yukon

FNG
25 Dall
29 Stone
30 Bighorn

Not sure how long it will take to figure out that Desert. Not sure if it is better to put in for draws or just save up for a hunt.

Ray

WKR
Have yet to notch a tag, so some day in my mid 50's it will happen. Best idea is to start younger than 49, especially when Dall rams live in your back yard. Make the time before you are out of time.

I was lucky enough to harvest a Utah desert sheep when I was 23. Then I got a NWT dall when I was 25. I'm pretty close to draw a Wyoming bighorn so hopefully that will land in my 30s.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Rocky ewe tag in 2012 is closest have come to a bighorn ram tag. Aoudad ram, free range, tag in 2013 was a nice adventure. Filled both tags.

MT Kevin

FNG
36 NV Ca Bighorn
38 NWT Dall's
46 NM Desert Bighorn
48 BC Stone
I'm 56 now and hoping to draw the Breaks tag here in MT. Picture is of me packing out a Breaks ram a friend of mine got a couple years ago. Been on close to 50 sheep hunts mainly helping friends and family. One of the most fun hunts you can ever go on. If you are late starting the bonus point game and don't want to buy licenses to get points at least buy a few chances for supertags, dream tags. Most states have them. Odds are long but you can't draw if your name isn't in the hat!View attachment 37237

All archery:
CO Bighorns when I was 31 and 47.
NV Desert Bighorn at 39
Still hunting Stones at 63, making a couple backpack trips every year for them.
Update: got a nice BC ten year old Stone Ram with the bow August 1. He greened 152". I am still 63 years old and still have the chronic sheep bug. The ram was taken on a do it your self back pack hunt. And no, I don't post pictures on the net but love to read and talk sheep hunting!

Age 16 when I took my first dall sheep in my home state of Alaska. Caught the bug and been sheep hunting almost every year since helping friends get their first Rams. Last year helped my little sister take a nice 40" which happened to be her first ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15yrs old-Solo Dall
29yrs old-Solo Dall
30yrs old-Solo Dall
That's a hell of a resume, especially doing it solo but, it does beg the question, what was going on for the 14 years between 15 and 29? My guess would be, chasing white tail....that's what I was doing during most of that time of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was 33. Dall in NWT with Greg Williams when he still owned Nahanni Butte. 63 now finally drew an AZ Desert after 26 years for this December. There have been many mountains, many sheep hunts, and many good friends in between. You either love it or hate it.

Sheephunter2,
I wish I would have ponied up the $5,000 to go arrow a Dall with Greg 30 years ago......one of the few regrets in my life. Most of my bowhunting buddies did but I was too cheap.

Congrats on the desert bighorn tag. Hope you get a dandy!

I actually shot two Dalls with Greg with a rifle. You are right about it being a great archery area though. Tom Tietz went with me and arched a nice Dall.. I got my archery Dall with Tim Mervyn in the Yukon about 15 years ago. Bow hunting sheep and rifle hunting are two different animals as you know. Got an archery bighorn in S51 here in Colorado maybe 12 years ago. Not a monster but a solid ram. Gonna have big fun in AZ. Hunting with Larry Altimus and importing my buddy Johnnie Coolidge from Alaska. Johnnie and I killed my best Dall 19 years ago just above Hawkins Glacier in the Wrangells.

Snyd

WKR
Went on a sheep hunt with a friend that drew DCUA walkin when I was 43. He got his ram and I got bit by the bug. Shot my first ram at 45, shot one last year at 55. Been able to gut, pack and eat 10 rams, pulled the trigger on 4 of them. Dalls. Sat this year out, looking forward to getting one next year, I just turned 56 today!

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
I was 45 when I got my first Dall, I'm now 55, and I've gotten three more since then. I've collected three goats along the way also!
Don