How Old Where You When You Got Your Sheep?

tstowater

WKR
Stone at 43 and Dall at 49. Need to get back to sheep hunting. Been having too much fun shooting prairie dogs. Seems to be a little less climbing involved but certainly a lot of good trigger practice.

Younger is better but time and money seems to be the biggest issue for most not living in Alaska or Canada.

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
36 Dall sheep in Ak, 40 Bighorn sheep in Wa. Hoping before 50 for a Desert sheep and probably 162 when I can afford a Stone sheep hunt.

First Sheep this year, Dall in AK at 37, mountain goat last year in AK at 36. Now I have to plan, save, and in the case of AK wait 4 years in order to chase the next one!

Flojoe

FNG
Got my first Sheep this year at 26. What an awesome hunt and can't wait to get out there and chase some more Sheep!

NVCHUKAR

WKR
12 NV desert
31 NV Cali

My dad drew a nv Cali tag this year so I look forward to going sheep hunting again. I should be able to draw another nv desert in my lifetime and maybe if I am really lucky and Nevada quits grazing domestic sheep I might get a nv rocky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
Even though I have guided several successful sheep hunts, I was just able to kill MY first one yesterday with 3 months left of my 39th birthday.

FCMD

FNG
Went on my first sheep hunt 3 weeks ago in the Wrangells (51 yo)

9 yo 39"

AZinAK

FNG
34 years old. Brooks Range, Alaska 2016. Not a monster but I couldn't be prouder based on the overall hunt.

Burke

FNG
My first sheep was last year solo trip at 56 yo. Second ram was this year with a partner. Story to be posted...

First sheep last year, solo 56

this year

Daniel_M

WKR
34 years old. Brooks Range, Alaska 2016. Not a monster but I couldn't be prouder based on the overall hunt.

He's a stud nonetheless, Chris. Having a solid partner just makes the adventure all the more sweeter. Always enjoyed me some Stidman campfire time and wisdom. Congrats bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigmoose

WKR
I was 48 on my first sheep hunt. Likely to be my only sheep hunt. He was a 8 1/2 year old California Bighorn that I got in Nevada. Fun hunt !

Attachments

• California Bighorn 8.5 years 9 5 98.jpg
    California Bighorn 8.5 years 9 5 98.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 91
  • California Bighorn Taken in Nevada  9 5 98.jpg
    California Bighorn Taken in Nevada 9 5 98.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 100

TexasCub

WKR
Got my first one when I was 33 solo and with a bow. Shot was 20 yards on a bedded ram. That ram never knew I was in the planet and actually ran straight towards me. No exaggeration when I say that he coughed his last breath of blood standing about 4 yards from me. That was the thrill of a Lifetime. Thanks to a tip from a buddy (Frank) I killed my second in 2007 at 36. I'm now 45 and still dream of another shot at a ram in Alaskas mountains.

13 yr old Ram taken with bow in 06

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DallSheep4me/Sheep/upfront.jpg

One taken with rifle in 07

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DallSheep4me/Sheep/061.jpg

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
I was 23. I was flown into to Brooks Range in Alaska SOLO. talk about learning a lot about yourself!!

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 27 and still dreaming! Congrats to all of you! Saving for a guided Dall sheep hunt now while putting in points and hoping for the big horn one day...