AK Draw Results

Fingers crossed for TOK for me or some of my friends.....
You and me both brother! 6 chances for me this year, but I'm still not going to hold my breath. This officially marks 21st straight years in a row that I've put in for the TMA, at some point I'll just stop applying because I'll be too damn old and broke down to hunt it if I do draw.

Last edited:

oenanthe

WKR
I wish all of you who put in for TMA the best of luck! And I can say that with complete sincerity, since I put my 6 picks on other hunts. After 30 years in AK I have given up on ever drawing TMA.

It will be interesting to see how the new draw rules affect the way guys place their picks.

It will be interesting to see how the new draw rules affect the way guys place their picks.

Indeed it will. Probably take a few years for thinks to settle out.

I know some people that applied for less than six, either because they didn't read the new rules or just didn't want to sink the money. I personally ended up dropping some long odds hunts (bison, etc) to put the money towards the ones I really want. Also didn't go for any of the really popular ones in the hopes that people would throw all their chances at TMA, etc and improve the odds on others. Crossing fingers....

I am lucky that sometimes, even if i don't draw, I still get to hunt the TMA, I am just not the guy that pulls the trigger. I didn't throw all my picks into one draw, I spread them out a bit, but we shall see what happens. I am feeling lucky!!! lol

Ha, ha, I always feel lucky right around this time of year as well. Then I'm surprised as hell when I type my name into the computer and see all those NO's by the tag's that I applied for. I'm pretty sure this year will be no different....but then again, I'm feeling lucky!:)

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard lot's of weird strategies for applications this year. Everything from all in on TMA to "I'm not going to put in"; best of luck all!

mnnowak

FNG
It sounds like I had the same idea as some other people. My wife and I both put all six in a not so popular area and the second season in that area. I don't' want to make anyone upset but I did draw TMA two years ago and then this last year drew a different area. Two years in a row was crazy so I expect a many dry years coming my way. I did not connect in the TMA but did take a stellar ram last year on my draw tag. Best of luck to all!!

It sounds like I had the same idea as some other people. My wife and I both put all six in a not so popular area and the second season in that area. I don't' want to make anyone upset but I did draw TMA two years ago and then this last year drew a different area. Two years in a row was crazy so I expect a many dry years coming my way. I did not connect in the TMA but did take a stellar ram last year on my draw tag. Best of luck to all!!

Pics or it didn't happen!!!! :)

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
If it's any consolation to us sheep guys, for 2016 ('15) roughly 25,000 people put in for the two delta bison hunts.
Imagine this: 50% of folks put 1 of 6 in, 25% put 3 of 6, and 25% did 6 of 6 on that single hunt...
My quick math say that's 68,750 tickets in that pot.
Again, quick math, but that ought to be .1452% chance of drawing a tag.
TMA isn't going to be as simple or predictable with an early and late season, but using the same rough idea and combining the two, this year I'm betting a .4013% chance of getting a TMA tag...

deadwolf

WKR
Wouldn't you need to calculate your odds for each of those categories with your quick math? Clearly your chances, percentage in this case, of drawing a tag are different in each of your scenarios so you need to account for that. A guy that has one chance in vs a guy that has six doesn't have the same odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing for me but my brother in law got buffalo! Pretty pumped for him and happy I get to tag along.

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't directly draw anything, but my brother in law "only" drew his Kodiak spring bear - by extension our Dall Sheep hunt is now ON for August! Cheap for me because I get to hunt under 2nd degree kinship rules and don't have to hire a guide...