Best Sheep Photo Contest, sponsored by Kenetrek Boots

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders! Hunting season is drawing near and Wild Sheep are some of the earliest seasons to open. With that in mind, wanted to launch our first ever "Best Sheep Photo Contest". You can win a sweet pair of Kenetrek Mountain Hunter Extremes (this might be the perfect Sheep Hunter's boot). The contest is similar to our Mule Deer, Elk, and Whitetail contests. This is NOT a biggest sheep contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2017 photo will be judged on the following criteria:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the horn tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the sheep, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of a sheep harvested in 2017

Rokslide sponsor Kenetrek has offered up the Mountain Hunter Extreme boots to the winner. This boot runs mid-$400 range and is at the top of the heap of high-quality mountain hunting boots. Check these bad boys out:

attachment.php

Mountain Hunter Extreme

So if you kill a sheep in 2017, post up your best photo (one photo per person, please) in this thread. Be sure and subscribe at "Thread Tools" top of this post so you're notified when someone posts AND when we announce the winner in December.

All fair-chase harvested North American Wild Sheep taken in 2017 are eligible for entry. Rokslide reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason if we think something ain't right!

So get the entries rolling!

*any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

Last edited:
First sheep hunt booked for 2018. Figured you got to be "in it - to win it" so here goes.....

ZGhaVo1.jpg

PM for where to send boots ..... :D

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ohio Darin, that little guy has some bum problems! Good luck on that first real sheep hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see some action guys (and gals!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbot

FNG
Thanks for the generous giveaway. Bates that picture brings back some painful memories of my packout!!

Attachments

• P1000854.jpg
    P1000854.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 238

darbuh

FNG
Well.......not really sure how to post picture here, my first attempt was a complete failure apparently:(. Appreciate the heads up SLDMTN.

ljalberta

WKR
I'm not winning any contest this year (need too remember to take some good photos), but here's my first bighorn on my first go. I'm hooked and already planning my search for the next one. It may take awhile, but I'd love the next one to be a truly mature/older ram.

5cmb20I.jpg

Wx0wRkN.jpg