New Full Curl Field Guide for Dall Sheep

OP
W

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
30 month groove

l have attempted to attach a pdf illustration the description of the 30 month ring. This horn was cut in half so the age at the grooves was confirmed.
Hope this helps.
Joe.
If the attachment does not come through I will try again tomorrow.

Attachments

• 30 month ring.jpg
    30 month ring.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

AKHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, Joe. So how old is the ram in that diagram?

l have attempted to attach a pdf illustration the description of the 30 month ring. This horn was cut in half so the age at the grooves was confirmed.
Hope this helps.
Joe.
If the attachment does not come through I will try again tomorrow.

Bambistew

WKR
I think maybe we're confusing the pictures?

Reading this section again, it makes sense that the line is not shown, as its not an actual "ring", but I think it should have been shown for perspective since this is the aging section.

What would ADFG and troopers age this ram at? 9 or 10?

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 46

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
All this information is great. Thank you for posting it. If I am lucky I will be using this knowledge next year!

OP
W

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
I think maybe we're confusing the pictures?

Reading this section again, it makes sense that the line is not shown, as its not an actual "ring", but I think it should have been shown for perspective since this is the aging section.

What would ADFG and troopers age this ram at? 9 or 10?

As I understand, the purpose of the illustration on page 20 was to demonstrate the relationship between ridge patterns and false annuli, not to illustrate "age". My responses and attachments provided,were simply to clarify those characteristics that can be used differentiate between 18 an 30 month grooves.
Joe
Note: The age of "8" refers to illustration I posted and not the picture on page 20 of the sheep manual.

Last edited: