Mal's 2017 dall sheep success

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Totally awesome. Even moreso from my perspective as I have a 4 year old girl who's already growing up too fast. She does like to shoot her bow which is good, I need to pick up a little 22 for her to start learning on. When she was 2 & 3 she'd come check game cameras with me and scout elk country.

Great job dad! I hope my baby follows in your daughters footsteps...

OP
D

dallen

Lil-Rokslider
Totally awesome. Even moreso from my perspective as I have a 4 year old girl who's already growing up too fast. She does like to shoot her bow which is good, I need to pick up a little 22 for her to start learning on. When she was 2 & 3 she'd come check game cameras with me and scout elk country.

Great job dad! I hope my baby follows in your daughters footsteps...

Sounds like she's on her way. I had three rules when she came hunting with me at that age.

Keep it fun/short
Keep them warm
Keep them fed

The rest will come

Daniel_M

WKR
Sounds like she's on her way. I had three rules when she came hunting with me at that age.

Keep it fun/short
Keep them warm
Keep them fed

The rest will come

The top elements when hunting with kids. My son was 8 on his first float hunt. 11 days, 100+ miles...I learned a lot about what kids can and can't take handle.

Guff

FNG
Thanks for sharing and what an awesome story!! I have a daughter that is going into middle school this year; your last paragraph about made me tear up.

UB270

FNG
What an amazing experiance for you and your daughter. Something you will both cherish forever. What a dad ! Congrats.

ptarmigan

FNG
Wow, what a great hunt! Congratulations to the both of you! There is nothing quite like spending quality time with your kids out in the field. My 11 yr old boy drew his first caribou tag this year. The anticipation is killing me!

Just awesome, great story, thank you for sharing it with us. Congratulations to you as a successful father and tell your daughter congratulations as well. My daughter is 19 and my son is 21, and they've both started lives of there own, we've had some great hunts together, but your last paragraph hit home for me and brought tears to my eyes, I definitely understand what you're saying.

Mtnboy

WKR
Wow, so awesome!

Like others, I have a 4 year old daughter who already has the outdoor bug...I can only hope we get to share some adventures and love for the outdoors like you and your daughter have clearly done.

Well done sir, well done.

Nice ram too, by the way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great story/write up dallen, and a beautiful ram to boot. Congratulations to you both! I'm sure there will be plenty more proud father moments in the future for you, and good luck to your daughter in her college endeavors.