Aoudad Outfitters Advice

Bird-man

FNG
I am starting the process of looking into my first Aoudad hunt. Can anyone send me some info on Outfitters they have used before, and would recommend? Also please let me know ones to stay away from. You can PM me if you don't want to say it in public. Thanks!

krohboy

WKR
I hunted with rowdy McBride and while he may not be he least expensive option I can not recommend him enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
Hunter Ross and Bubba Glosson(Southwest Trophy Hunts) probably have the largest amount of premium Aoudad country under lease. Some outfitters strap on the packs and get into some really rough country. Others ride around in pickups and occasionally peek off in a canyon. It really pays to do your diligence to get the hunt you want.

KHNC

WKR
Me and two buddys are going to Palo Duro Canyon in february for a rifle hunt. Stuff-it-Taxidermy is doing the hunt out of Claude Texas. Seems like a great place with 100% success last 5 years for rifle. Larry Stanfield is the name . 806 681 0287

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
The largest numbers of Aoudads are in Jeff Davis, Presidio and Brewster counties, Texas. In my experience they also have the largest free range rams.

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
High West Outfitters has consistently killed some big rams. They seem to have access to some pretty big pieces of land with some good free range herds. Check their FB for pictures.

There's also the H E Sproul Ranch in Jeff Davis county. They have great facilities and a lot of animals.

kipper09

WKR
Who did you decide to hunt with? I would be interested in any more information on this.

OP
B

Bird-man

FNG
We are going with Mike McKinny. Westtexashunts.com He has been nothing but a great to talk to. We are going Feb 2019. Let me know if you have any more questions.

KHNC

WKR
Our hunt is 2/17/2018. I will let you know how it goes.

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
KHNC and Bird-man,
How did your hunts go?
Just starting to plan an auodad Hunt. Any details you can provide on your experiences is much appreciated. Style of hunt, physicality, guide quality, game quality/abundance, etc.
Thanks in advance.

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
If you can go on short notice, Mike has a cancellation hunt. Not going to find a cheaper option than this offer.

This is for the Sawyer Ranch. Information for the hunt is below:

Cancellation Aoudad Hunt for 2
Self Guided DIY Hunt
$1995 Per Hunter for 5 days
The hunt can be done between September 15th and 30th (yes next month).
Primitive camping at designated site. Be ready to hike, it is semi remote with minimal road access. Rut hunt and also another first hunt for the season. Located about 50 minutes from Van Horn Texas.
This hunt is not for the faint of heart, you need to be in good physical shape and able to shoot 400 yards. Outside of this hunt the ranch is booked for the next 2 years.
I need 2 hunters for this hunt to make it work. This hunt will not last long being it is the only open DIY hunt. Please only contact me if serious and ready to book, deposit will be due at the time of booking to secure your spot.

eamyrick

WKR
If you can go on short notice, Mike has a cancellation hunt. Not going to find a cheaper option than this offer.

Self Guided DIY Hunt
Primitive camping at designated site. Be ready to hike, it is semi remote with minimal road access. Rut hunt and also another first hunt for the season. Located about 50 minutes from Van Horn Texas.
This hunt is not for the faint of heart, you need to be in good physical shape and able to shoot 400 yards. Outside of this hunt the ranch is booked for the next 2 years.
I need 2 hunters for this hunt to make it work. This hunt will not last long being it is the only open DIY hunt. Please only contact me if serious and ready to book, deposit will be due at the time of booking to secure your spot.

Yep Mike is a solid guy. I’m hunting that ranch for Aoudad in the spring and hunted Mule Deer there for a week last fall if anyone wants to know the skinny

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider

Self Guided DIY Hunt
If the cancellation was in the spring would be all over it.

Mike McKinney.....I did mine with him and had a great time and tagged out the first morning with a nice Sheep. He will come highly highly recommended by many. Good luck

Rock-o

WKR
Mike McKinney.....I did mine with him and had a great time and tagged out the first morning with a nice Sheep.
Which ranch? DIY, semi-guided, fully guided? Pictures? Thanks.

I know of a number of people that have happily hunted with him. I booked with him fully guided for February 2021.