Delta CUA x2

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
F bombs??!! Noooo not you!! Did you trim your beard? Is your hunting buddy camera shy or do we not get to see pics of his ram? Congrats man! My client you met at the lodge just asked how your sheep hunt went!

We done good. I shaved almost everything to save weight. 2 rams, 11 miles, 30 hours and one trip out. Close guess 134# on my back. You woulda been proud. 🤙

Alders. I HATE alders.

77363281b2ef2c32c01643546e54d899.jpg

9fa6e62d00a76baa1702459c1979eb47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRWNBR

WKR
Jimmy! Ya I bet your close on your guess for a pack weight! I'm sooo proud. I didn't see any kuiu or Sitka crap
In there? Proving sheep still die by guys dressed to
Impress at a REI!!

Let's not talk about alders.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Jimmy! Ya I bet your close on your guess for a pack weight! I'm sooo proud. I didn't see any kuiu or Sitka crap
In there? Proving sheep still die by guys dressed to
Impress at a REI!!

Let's not talk about alders.

This was a camo free environment with plenty of REI, ArcTeryx, RAB and North Face. I will be printing a money shot for the wall at REI.

#nokuiu #brostaff

bounds

WKR
This was a camo free environment with plenty of REI, ArcTeryx, RAB and North Face. I will be printing a money shot for the wall at REI.

#nokuiu #brostaff

Great story! If you get a pic on the wall at REI, please take a pic and let us know where it is. Would love to see that!

I've seen a fair pile of resident "camo free" ram photos come across my desk this year, including the two from our trip. We joked about starting a "back to basics" movement to combat the brand and gear insanity, but then ran into another sheep hunter who was dressed in 100% shiny new KUIU from boots to hat, plus every accessory they sell including pack, bino harness, game bags, etc. Guessing its going to be a bit longer before before "camo free" catches on with some people!

KUIU guy had a bigger sheep than mine too. ha.

Snyd

WKR
I guess my grey shirt was camo this year. It matched the fog we were in the whole week!

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
I guess my grey shirt was camo this year. It matched the fog we were in the whole week!

I wore whites on the mountain and in camp fleshing. I believe it was effective in keeping him from running as he couldn't pin down a threat.

Nothing confused both my ram and our camp ram more than a tyvek onesie.

BRWNBR

WKR
I just talk to the sheep. They really get confused then....I let them know I'm not taliban and they feel safe then.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen a fair pile of resident "camo free" ram photos come across my desk this year, including the two from our trip. We joked about starting a "back to basics" movement to combat the brand and gear insanity, but then ran into another sheep hunter who was dressed in 100% shiny new KUIU from boots to hat, plus every accessory they sell including pack, bino harness, game bags, etc. Guessing its going to be a bit longer before before "camo free" catches on with some people!

KUIU guy had a bigger sheep than mine too. ha.
Was this in the DCUA?

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Was this in the DCUA?

Can't speak for YK, but we saw no one in 11 days, likely for good reason as the drainage likely weeds out a lot of hunters based on terrain. However the Dry Creek strip was hoppin with 5 transporters on the ground and 90% of the hunters waiting for wheels up were in shiny new Kuiu Vias from head to toe.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Can't speak for YK, but we saw no one in 11 days, likely for good reason as the drainage likely weeds out a lot of hunters based on terrain. However the Dry Creek strip was hoppin with 5 transporters on the ground and 90% of the hunters waiting for wheels up were in shiny new Kuiu Vias from head to toe.
The DCUA is a huge area and there are some good spots that are accessible by wheeler, then on foot. I asked him that question because I had a buddy go in solo up one of the creeks where I moose hunt and he shot his first ram and was wearing all KUIU gear. He couldn't stop talking about it.

I've been fortunate enough to draw this tag twice in 3 years and took rams both times, we actually found this spot while early scouting for sheep when a good friend of mine drew it back in 94 but we ended up hunting the Gerstle instead. Anyways, I don't want to muddle up this thread. Congrats to the OP and his partner for tagging out with some beautiful rams.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
I've been fortunate enough to draw this tag twice in 3 years and took rams both times, we actually found this spot while early scouting for sheep when a good friend of mine drew it back in 94 but we ended up hunting the Gerstle instead. Anyways, I don't want to muddle up this thread. Congrats to the OP and his partner for tagging out with some beautiful rams.

I am the op :cool: Feel free to muddle. lol

We did chat a father/daughter party tag at the strip from Homer who had said they were going into the Gerstle. Word is from the pilot they killed 2 rams, hoping I cross them on one of the forums for photos!

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I am the op :cool: Feel free to muddle. lol

We did chat a father/daughter party tag at the strip from Homer who had said they were going into the Gerstle. Word is from the pilot they killed 2 rams, hoping I cross them on one of the forums for photos!
Oops, I just saw that right before you replied. TFF. That hunt in the Gerstle was one of the crazier hunts I've been on. We rode as far as we could on wheelers, set up base camp, hiked 5 miles or so and came across some rams up high. We started after them then the fog moved in, somehow my partner got above me and found a legal ram, shot it and it rolled right past me down into a creek. Come to find out he had packed in a cheap $25 Walmart camo tent, it leaked like a sieve and we woke up in 2" of water. I used my pocket knife and cut myself out of that pos tent, packed up and made it back to base camp where we dried our gear near a nice raging fire, unfortunately he had placed my Thermarest pad to close to the fire and it melted the adhesive causing it to separate internally. Thank god those days are over. lol