Need a stone sheep cape

bobby7321

FNG
Tannery destroyed my cape. If anyone out there has a cape (for shoulder mount) or know someone who might please let me know. I know its a long shot, but I have to give it a try.

thank you

renaugle at gmail .com

Jimss

WKR
I'd make a post on the taxidermy.net website under the "wanted" section. I had to leave one of my dall sheep once due to a blizzard. Came back a day later and the crows pecked the eyeball area of the cape. Wow, that's sad news about your stone cape. I know you could probably find a bighorn cape to mount it for a fraction of the price of a stone...but it likely wouldn't be the same?

OP
B

bobby7321

FNG
I've been able to find a couple listed here and there but nothing that matches my ram. I'd rather hold out and get something close. So the search continues. Thanks for the advice, I'll explore all possible avenues.

Kimbersig

WKR
if you are on facebook there is a group called "sheep hunting" lots of BC residents on there that might could help you with your search.

Kimbersig

WKR
or call some of the big taxidermists like wildlife gallery, wildlife revolutions, dewey, Jonas brother, etc... see if they have a cape they could sell you. might have to use one of them for the mount if they have a cape but that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Jimss

WKR
Kimbersig's idea of contacting taxidermists directly is a great idea. That is actually how I found a dall sheep replacement. You might contact some of the scattered taxidermists across the country that specialize in sheep. Obviously if they require you to have them do the work you want to pick ones that do a great job!