Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheep Scope

Post Thanks / Like

I like big glass and I can not lie,,, But, if I was starting out I would get a Swaro ATX 65, so I could upgrade at a lower cost if I ever chose to. I agree with others that a 65mm is a good sweet spot for sheep. If I'm trying to count rings, that is usually done within shooting range and I don't use that as a shoot or don't shoot decision, just to confirm 2 forms of legality. A 65mm ATX with a 1.7 extender might be a good combo too. One thing I did not see mentioned is eye strain, the better the glass, the lower the eye strain will be,, headache, burred vision etc..... I enjoy watching game with my spotter,, so humping it is juice worth the squeeze for me.

Green with envy,, Stone's are my dream animal. I will make an effort to hunt them one day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all the replies. In all honesty it didn't help much LOL. I have been researching spotters for years and reading many stories from sheep hunters. The constants are: 1. buy the best you can afford 2. bigger works bigger (when quality is the same) 3. bigger weighs more ha ha. So no new info in this thread but I do appreciate every opinion. I guess the only way to know for sure what is best for me is to actually get out there and use them, that's the fun part though.

On a side note I cannot believe someone is jealous of me for hunting, especially guys from Alaska. I have been on rokslide since it started and have always dreamed of being a mountain hunter. Everything I purchased for hunting was based off a mountain style of hunting even though I was hunting flat ground in Ontario surrounded by fat guys on ATV's. Now my life has changed and I feel blessed to be in mountain hunting heaven. Thanks guys.

3. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and Stid if you ever want to come down here and help me hunt Stone's then I'm all for it. Ha Ha thanks again

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post