Delta ATV sheep area suggestions, last minute.

akgutpile

FNG
Hello all,
I got a Delta motorized sheep tag DS204. I booked to fly into the Girstle but had to cancel due to construction issues on our new business in Wasilla. I hired a contractor to finish the job last week and am able to go try to get a sheep for 5-6 days. Any wheeler trail suggestions to get part of the way in? The Granite Mountains look appealing on the south side but not sure how doable that is or if there are any trails to get a guy closer. I flew in back in 2013 to Boulder Creek and hiked that Creek of hell for 20 miles. We couldn't cross the river so we had to bushwhacked a lot. Trying to avoid that type of hunt as I am solo so I got a heavy pack. Any how, any suggestions would be great, if not I will wing it!
Thanks Josh

Daniel_M

WKR
Not much help since I've flown in but do a search, I've found most guys are more than willing to chat about Delta since it's a draw tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snyd

WKR
Here's some info.

Dall Sheep Hunting in Alaska., Alaska Department of Fish and Game

I've been up the Gerstle to Bradford and July creek before. Both walkin hunts. As it says on the F&G site you can take the old road to the old munitions dump. If you keep going you get to Blueberry lake. From there you can get on an atv trail system that will get you to the Gerstle river flood plane. Or, you can take an atv trail before you get to the munitions dump and get to the Gerstle flood plane. Lots of big griz around there. Like penninsula brown bear sized griz. The Gerstle River griz have a reputation. Oh, if you go back there I think you have to get a Recreational Access Pass from the army cuz you cross a training ground.