My 2017 Alaska Sheep Season

BRWNBR

WKR
Crud a guy could last 40 years hunting sheep if they are all on the tundra like that!! Is that tree bark camo hoodies I see?? I love it!!

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Wow the new photos are great, your gona relive lots of great memories looking at them.

OP
adventure907
Crud a guy could last 40 years hunting sheep if they are all on the tundra like that!! Is that tree bark camo hoodies I see?? I love it!!

Ha, don't let the tundra fool ya. Out of the four sheep hunts I did this year this one was by far the most physically demanding. One word, tussocks...lol.

and oh yea, those are matching fleece, tree bark hoodies. Sewn up by none other than Sue herself.

Last edited:
OP
adventure907
Things became a little dicey when the fog rolled in.....

s8UQPkD.jpg

BRWNBR

WKR
Tussocks I can live with! Make my living on the tundra with them freakin' moss covered turtle shells!
Tell sue I love her hoodies! So classic!!

Stid2677

WKR
Two legends of the sheep mountains enjoying a moment after 40 years of sheep hunting together.

62q8rd7.jpg

Love this photo and all it captures,, pray that I can still be like them in my future.

Congrats on an incredible ram,, but more importantly for getting to share that with friends and family who also share the passion.

I think I almost saw you smile. :)

Peace

Steve

OP
adventure907
Love this photo and all it captures,, pray that I can still be like them in my future.

Congrats on an incredible ram,, but more importantly for getting to share that with friends and family who also share the passion.

I think I almost saw you smile. :)

Peace

Steve

Thanks Steve.....

They really are an inspiration. This hunt was not only special for me, but also for Frank and Sue. About four years ago, Frank broke his ankle really bad. The doctor told him "your mountain hunting days are over buddy." This was basically the first sheep hunt Frank has done since that injury. I think Frank showed that doctor that anything is possible with a little grit and determination.

It was also special as Frank and Sue were both back in the mountains together, the place they love so much, so I know this hunt meant as much to them as it did to me. Forty years of sheep hunting together is really something incredible, so I am just lucky that I was able to be a part of their return to the mountains together.

One day I'll have to tell the story of the last sheep hunt I was on with Frank before this one, 5 years ago. We were guiding a nice fellow from Missouri. We siwashed on the side of the mountain, sans sleeping bags or anything else to keep us warm, in a snow storm. It was pretty cool, well, once we warmed back up, and we even got the one-eyed ram that next morning.

And oh yea, I have tons of pictures with a bit ****eating grin/smile on my face, but I'll save those for later, haha.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
If I were a non resident looking to hunt sheep in Alaska, Matt's outfit is at the top of the list. Those 4 rams taken by your clients are some incredible sheep and yours is a beaut as well, congrats to all of you!!

OP
adventure907
Great old ram! The other 4 look impressive as well!

Congrats.

Thanks man, it was an experience I will cherish forever. He may not be the biggest ram, but the fact he is 15 years old is crazy.

And just to clarify a bit, my ram is included in the collage in the first post, bottom left.

I am heading to hunt brown bears tomorrow, time to switch gears, but I'll share a few more sheep pics when I get back in a month or so.

Can't wait for August 2018....damn I love sheep hunting.