Tok Sheep Success

AlaskaEd

WKR
Solo late season TMA success and got my first Dall. Flew in alone and hiked farther up a drainage to set up camp. I had a couple days of crap weather but spotted this guy when it cleared up. He was in a group of 4 nice rams, one bigger double-broomer, but I wanted that curl. After I spotted him all my focus and energy went to getting in range. After lots of hiking, chasing, and climbing, I got him with a 75 yard shot up in an area he thought he was safe. It took me 7 hours to get him back to my camp, which was only 1.5 miles as the crow flies, and is possibly the hardest physical thing I've ever done. He was in some NASTY rocks up pretty high. It was very slow going and STEEP. I had no business being up in that, especially solo, but made it back with only a few bruises. I actually looked at my inReach, attached to my bino harness, to reveiw the SOS procedures at one point. Thanks to everyone on here for the gear advice and good info.

Nice job. I think back to my solo hunt 20 years ago, maybe toughest hunt of them all. Guessing right at about 40"?

Great ram and congrats on a very successful hunt! I can't believe he's only 7, lot's of younger rams in there blow up to be really nice with those flares at a young age. Hell, he was probably full curl at 6 years old. Congrats again!