Kicked Out: <1 Club Dall's Sheep Hunt

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Badass ram, video and story. I won't make it to <1 this year so if they draw my name and I'm not there.. like you said I don't know how I'll live with myself. Haha. Missing it to film a Desert Sheep hunt though so that's a perk! Congrats Riley!

TCbig

FNG
I was the first lucky name drawn in Reno this last January at the sheep show’s <1Club drawing. The hunt I chose was the horseback hunt in the NWT with Gana River Outfitters.

To be eligible for this club, all you must be a WSF Member and have never harvested a free ranging Ovis Species.

I missed a very impressive ram last fall in Montana, although crushing, what a blessing in disguise of sorts that turned out to be!

Below is a link to the film below and a couple pictures taken by the extremely talented Adam Foss.

The 2018 Sheep Show is Jan 18-20. If you're on the fence about going, or believe that you could never be this lucky, hopeully this changes that.

If you are considering going on a northern hunt of some kind, I would highly encourage it. It is a life changing experience.
I hope you enjoy the video. I believe there will be 4 hunts given away this year, plus a few international hunts.

Happy Hunting
-Riley

View attachment 62325

View attachment 62326

Kicked Out - YouTube
Hello - I am looking to get kicked out <1 Club, First time Sheep hunter ,Gana River 12 day horse back July 26, 2019. WSF Hunt donated by Gana River. Can you share any insights , congrats on your Sheep and Caribou.

OP
MtGomer

MtGomer

WKR
Hello - I am looking to get kicked out <1 Club, First time Sheep hunter ,Gana River 12 day horse back July 26, 2019. WSF Hunt donated by Gana River. Can you share any insights , congrats on your Sheep and Caribou.
I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have and offer a few tips on a couple things. You’ll be in good hands but it never hurts to know what to expect. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

OP
MtGomer

MtGomer

WKR
Yup, same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the new rokslide layout I was able to update the link in the original post just now. The correct one is also in post #19 and below.
After I initially posted, WSF re-uploaded the video with some additional credits and the link changed.

OP
MtGomer

MtGomer

WKR
Good job! ! Great video! Your hooked now!

I sure am! I’d hunted and scouted bighorns nearly 100 days before winning this, so I was already fairly hooked, but this is definitely something I have to repeat again. Until my wife is out of grad school i don’t think i’ll have the cash to drop on a dall hunt for myself but I’m lined up to work for an outfitter and head to AK in 3 weeks!

emohns8

FNG
I was the first lucky name drawn in Reno this last January at the sheep show’s <1Club drawing. The hunt I chose was the horseback hunt in the NWT with Gana River Outfitters.

To be eligible for this club, all you must be a WSF Member and have never harvested a free ranging Ovis Species.

I missed a very impressive ram last fall in Montana, although crushing, what a blessing in disguise of sorts that turned out to be!

Below is a link to the film below and a couple pictures taken by the extremely talented Adam Foss.

The 2018 Sheep Show is Jan 18-20. If you're on the fence about going, or believe that you could never be this lucky, hopeully this changes that.

If you are considering going on a northern hunt of some kind, I would highly encourage it. It is a life changing experience.
I hope you enjoy the video. I believe there will be 4 hunts given away this year, plus a few international hunts.

Happy Hunting
-Riley

View attachment 62325

View attachment 62326

Congrats Riley! I hope to be kicked out in the coming years! How good it must have felt! And Adam Foss is amazingly talented as well!

Cheers