Votes: 10 9.3%
  • aklogan

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
12/28/17 update- the winner of this contest was aklogan, photo is in lead post. Voting has closed.

Hey all,
It's time to vote for winner of the Best Sheep Photo contest, sponsored by Kenetrek. Winner takes home the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Boots. If you missed that thread, it's here http://www.rokslide.com/forums/sheep/71819-sheep-photo-contest-sponsored-kenetrek-boots.html

The Rokslide staff just voted on the top six finalists based on the entry rules. Now it's the Rokslide members' turns to pick numero uno.
Here are the rules we judged the finalists by:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the horn tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the sheep, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of a sheep harvested in 2017

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users might not be able to see the poll, so use full-site if you can’t see it.)

I'll leave the poll open until approximately December 20th. Any member can vote once, and if you're in the contest, go ahead and vote on your own if you want to.

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll using the member's name listed at top of each photo.

jeebs08
attachment.php

sn.outdoors
attachment.php

aklogan:
attachment.php

Last edited:

Grumman

WKR
I like the yama49 photo. Looks like they would need a helicopter ride to get out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Grumman, did you mean to vote at the top of the thread? It didn't register. That's where the votes go.

thanks

Grumman

WKR
Grumman, did you mean to vote at the top of the thread? It didn't register. That's where the votes go.

thanks

I’m on Tapatalk and didn’t see anything there to vote at the top. Sorry for messing the thread up but yes my intent was to vote for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRWNBR

WKR
I woulda liked to actually see the sheep in these pictures. Head on shots kinda loose a lot of the animals body’s. . I voted for adventure907 because it’s framed the best and easiest to get s look at the Sheep. Woulda loved a more side angle of it though and less of josh’s Ugly smileless mug!!
Nice sheep everyone!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Please vote on the best sheep photo, sponsored by Kenetrek

Seems Tapatalk doesn’t allow you to see the poll- sorry! If you want to vote, you’ll have to use full site

I woulda liked to actually see the sheep in these pictures. Head on shots kinda loose a lot of the animals body’s. . I voted for adventure907 because it’s framed the best and easiest to get s look at the Sheep. Woulda loved a more side angle of it though and less of josh’s Ugly smileless mug!!
Nice sheep everyone!

Haha, I was doing my best to not break the camera Jake. Here's one with a little more of a side angle so you can see the body.
qA86jo7.jpg

BRWNBR

WKR
Haha, I was doing my best to not break the camera Jake. Here's one with a little more of a side angle so you can see the body.
qA86jo7.jpg

Lol thanks man! Almost a smile too! Now if we could just get a couple more sets of hands on those horns....lol I’m a picky dead animal picture taker.

Lol thanks

RSP1761 if for no reason other than it's a very good photo, and it has a young man in it which appears to be the gentlemen's son! Getting our youth out there is so important for us to survive pressure from the anti's!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all
I'm trying to figure out if the poll at the top of the page is working or not. No one has voted on it, only in the comments. All you do is click your choice and the vote is registered. I'll take the comments votes, but if the poll is visible, please vote there as it makes it much much easier for the members to see the votes and the admins to tabulate the votes. Thanks

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I voted on the poll above and can view the results at the top of the thread.
thanks man! That's what I needed. I figured out what I was doing wrong and I can see it now. You'd think after five years, I'd know how to do this stuff.

for anyone on full-site who can't see the poll, click on "View Poll results". Of course you probably already did that unlike me. hahhhahahaha

BRWNBR

WKR
All great photos, but for me, it is aklogan because of the look on his face, the fading sunlight, and the perfect ram.

That ram has fantastic character! But that lighting just makes it tough for me to focus on the Sheep. Rsp has that ram that we all secretly hope
To see in our spotter. Just a wow Sheep, something you can look at forever and still say wow. But it not being center makes it hard to look at as well. That’s why I went with 907’s
Photo. Easy to look at. You notice stuff without having to work for it. Not my favorite of the rams but from a photo perspective it’s my favorite.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That ram has fantastic character! But that lighting just makes it tough for me to focus on the Sheep. Rsp has that ram that we all secretly hope
To see in our spotter. Just a wow Sheep, something you can look at forever and still say wow. But it not being center makes it hard to look at as well. That’s why I went with 907’s
Photo. Easy to look at. You notice stuff without having to work for it. Not my favorite of the rams but from a photo perspective it’s my favorite.

Those were some of the same issues we debated on as staff. Good eye! and thanks for voting