Who's going to the sheep show this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Ya too much of the show dedicated to guides selling hunts for me. To each their own, enjoy the show.

RyanC

WKR
I'll be there Thursday - Saturday and doing the Outdoor BP Race. Looking forward to re-connecting with friends. Be hanging out at the Wilderness Athlete booth. Come say Hi.

- Ryan

Kimbersig

WKR
Ya too much of the show dedicated to guides selling hunts for me. To each their own, enjoy the show.

its better than the one in Utah that is dedicated to selling those damn pillows! LOL

I'll be there hopefully winning a hunt Friday night or Saturday morning!

Kotaman

WKR

So you didn't like the Hunting Expo where Outfitters and Guides pay to rent space to sell their hunts? What did you expect at a "Hunting Expo"? Did you attend any of the convention events at the Peppermill? No selling going on there...just good old conservation of wild sheep. Maybe "shows" in general just aren't your thing, but the Sheep Show is one of the best conservation shows out there period. Yes, the Hunting Expo is a big part of the show, but if that is all you attended, you missed out.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ill be there at the kifaru booth.

Jelly! I hung out there basically the whole time last year. This year I'll be filming a sheep hunt and won't be able to make it. If they draw my name at the <1 I'm going to cry. Very excited for this hunt but I am bummed I'll miss everyone this year.

amp713

WKR
Wife told me I should just go ahead and make the trip, wondering if any Utah sliders are going and wanna throw together a carpool or something?

I am thinking of making a last minute, spontaneous decision, and flying down to the show from Alaska. Anybody have suggestions on places to stay or hotel deals?

I am thinking of making a last minute, spontaneous decision, and flying down to the show from Alaska. Anybody have suggestions on places to stay or hotel deals?

Check priceline or online sites like it. I got the Atlantis for $125 a night. Watch your hotel fees and taxes.

Uber is there, also.

Last edited:

MtGomer

WKR

When you buy your show registration there’s a discount code for the peppermill and Atlantis.

It’s a little over $100/nt.

I have stayed at the peppermill. It was great

OP
Molon Labe
Anyone interested in a slider meet up Tuscany Ballroom at 10:30 Friday night or something for a couple beers?
Someone could wear a giant foam cowboy hat or a giant orange cone so we would know where to meet?

kickemall

WKR
I like the Atlantis. Rates are decent but more importantly there is a covered walkway from there to the convention center.

Mtnboy

WKR
I'll be there all 3 days.

Best show going in my opinion, not overrun with flat bill Bros and the money raised can actually be accounted for unlike some other places.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Turns out I’ll be making it this year! Friday and Saturday. Had some very last second change of plans for our Mexico trip and had to postpone until next month. Excited to see everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well shoot fellas, I didn't make it down to the show, but for sure next year I am making it a top priority. But, for you guys that did make it to Reno, be sure to check out my good friend Frank Entsminger's booth. He is not only a sheep hunting legend, but he is an amazing artist and will have some of his wildlife bronze sculptures on display.

I believe him and his lovely wife Sue will also have information about Alaska Hunting Adventures at their booth, their hunting outfit they run with their son Matt Snyder. If you are thinking, pondering, or contemplating a Dall sheep hunt in the near future, it would be very worth your time to talk to them about how they may be able to help in your dream to hunt Alaska Dall Sheep.

I'll be there next year for sure, but for now, enjoy the show and have a drink or three for me!!

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.