Who's going to the sheep show this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnboy

WKR
Yep. Show up, come on in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
only thing i won was life membership bid for our eastern chapter. everything else for me was a swing and miss.

Last edited:

Mtnboy

WKR
Sure seems like you have a lot better chance of drawing if your buddies with Gray or involved in your State Chapter of WSF.

A fair amount of people walked out of Less Than 1 drawings a little frustrated and with some questions about what just happened....

Drifli

Banned
I had some friends who went that said never again. I didn't get the whole story but they touched on what you just hinted. I sure hope this isn't becoming another conservation organization that has questionable motives.

Sure seems like you have a lot better chance of drawing if your buddies with Gray or involved in your State Chapter of WSF.

A fair amount of people walked out of Less Than 1 drawings a little frustrated and with some questions about what just happened....

Well darn. That never worked for me. Still waiting to win. To be fair, i do understand what you are saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR

saying random isnt exzacty random? i guess we need more information to make a definitive concussion.

Mtnboy

WKR
Here's what I'm saying:

2016 Winner: Cabela's Corporate employee. Cabela's is a Sheep Foundation corporate sponsor. He wins a Desert Sheep hunt, probably the most expensive hunt given away at Less Than 1. That winner...he's now a Sheep Foundation employee.

2017 Winner: Gray (WSF CEO for those that don't know) knows personally. Tells a whole story on stage about the winner missing a ram in the Unlimiteds. That winner miraculously gets followed by a Sheep Foundation funded videographer for a promotional video to get more people to join Less Than 1.

2018 Winner Number 1: Wife of an Alaska Sheep Foundation Board Member (or something of that nature, I couldn't hear 100% clearly) yet again, someone Gray knows.

2018 Winner Number 3: President of the Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation. Also, this guy is super lucky cause he drew a NV tag in 2016 and killed a Desert Ram. But wait, shouldn't that mean he's not eligible? Yes. But does he come clean? No. He smiles, acts in disbelief and goes about celebrating and taking pictures with his prize until someone went forward and pointed out they knew he'd harvested a sheep. At that point they act like it was a mistake and that he thought he'd drawn an International hunt, he must have been the only person in the room who didn't know it was the drawing for the third and final Dall Sheep hunt. Once all this transpired, they redrew another winner. Why was this guy in the drawing to begin with?

Also, purely antecdotal evidence, but I heard it announced earlier in the night that there were 1,200 members of Less Than 1 Club now, that would be a shit load of tickets, sure didn't look like that many to me. Pretty convenient that when we paid on Thursday we didn't get to see our actual tickets go in the bin, we were just assured "we'll print them all tomorrow, don't worry it'll get in there"

Just seems to be a whole lot of "coincidence" going on.

Take from that what you will, but I know I'm far from the only one who feels this way. I'm done with Less Than 1 and I'll be letting my WSF Membership expire as well.

Last edited:

Drifli

Banned
Balls to try and accept. This is the kind of stuff that ends good working relationships and brings great organizations down.

Trial153

WKR
Here's what I'm saying:

2016 Winner: Cabela's Corporate employee. Cabela's is a Sheep Foundation corporate sponsor. He wins a Desert Sheep hunt, probably the most expensive hunt given away at Less Than 1. That winner...he's now a Sheep Foundation employee.

2017 Winner: Gray (WSF CEO for those that don't know) knows personally. Tells a whole story on stage about the winner missing a ram in the Unlimiteds. That winner miraculously gets followed by a Sheep Foundation funded videographer for a promotional video to get more people to join Less Than 1.

2018 Winner Number 1: Wife of an Alaska Sheep Foundation Board Member (or something of that nature, I couldn't hear 100% clearly) yet again, someone Gray knows.

2018 Winner Number 3: President of the Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation. Also, this guy is super lucky cause he drew a NV tag in 2016 and killed a Desert Ram. But wait, shouldn't that mean he's not eligible? Yes. But does he come clean? No. He smiles, acts in disbelief and goes about celebrating and taking pictures with his prize until someone went forward and pointed out they knew he'd harvested a sheep. At that point they act like it was a mistake and that he thought he'd drawn an International hunt, he must have been the only person in the room who didn't know it was the drawing for the third and final Dall Sheep hunt. Once all this transpired, they redrew another winner. Why was this guy in the drawing to begin with?

Also, purely antecdotal evidence, but I heard it announced earlier in the night that there were 1,200 members of Less Than 1 Club now, that would be a shit load of tickets, sure didn't look like that many to me. Pretty convenient that when we paid on Thursday we didn't get to see our actual tickets go in the bin, we were just assured "we'll print them all tomorrow, don't worry it'll get in there"

Take from that what you will, but I know I'm far from the only one who feels this way. I'm done with Less Than 1 and I'll be letting my WSF Membership expire as well.

I can’t speak to any of it, good bad or indifferent. I do have some observations.

I would that that due to the nature of the sport, and the club I would think that a significant percentage of the members are at least connected to either other WSF chapters or in the industry. For example I am an Eastern chapter member.

There are unless I am mistaken 3 drawings in each club yearly . So we are looking at 18 drawings since the inception. You stated 4 questionable( for lack of a better term) individuals draw. So 22%. Now granted we aren’t looking at the other results, they might have “ connected “ individuals that were drawn as well. However like take it at face value ....22%. I don’t think that’s an outrageous number if we compared to to the general membership of the less than 1 club.

Maybe I am being overly naive but I don’t think we are looking at rigged raffles. Just too many people would have to in the know to make that happen. Loose lips sink ships, I couldn’t see that staying under wraps for three years.
However coming from someone that been hoping for a sheep tag in the mail since for more then 15 years I sure do understand the frustration when it seems like everyone is sheep hunting but you. I said I was going to book my first sheep hunt to take place by the time I was 45 if I didn’t draw..well I am 5 years away and it’s getting close. I don’t know if I can wait that long.

Mtnboy

WKR
I don't completely disagree with you, I'd love to think it's 100% legit cause I want a shot at winning!

However, I've seen what I've seen and for me, I'm out going forward. My money and chance is spent in better places I feel.

OP
Molon Labe
It is ridiculous to think they rig the raffle. What's in it for them?
The whole point of <1 is to get more people out sheep hunting.

Mtgomer was the guy that missed in unlimited and then got drawn.
He's a rokslider. Just ask him if it's rigged.

A lot of the people in that room were industry or tied to WSF.
Out of 1200 names in the hat there was probably 100 WSF volunteers and another 100-200 industry people
Yeah Ryan and Tag both pulled hunts and they are first lite employees...but they were just as surprised as I would have been if I drew.

I felt the weird vibe and people complaining when the chapter head did the redraw and pulled Tag's name.
People saying that first lite rigged etc. just sad.
Those guys are just normal people like us...they have no connection to WSF.

It's a random draw with .5% chance.

I was excited for them and it's weird people are pissed about something that WSF does to help the average guy.
WSF is not making tons of money off less than 1. They make more on ONE auction tag.

MtGomer

WKR
Here's what I'm saying:

Good Morning/Afternoon,

My name is Riley Pearson- last year's winner that missed the ram in the unlimiteds, and was in the video 'Kicked Out'.
I'm not sure what is controversial about the WSF making a promotional video about my hunt, no do I have any idea how my name being pulled out, on camera, in front of 1000 people could somehow not be above board.

I pulled the names this year, in front of a well-lit stage, surrounded by multiple cameras, one of which was airing the whole thing in real time on Facebook Live.

I would encourage people to watch this for themselves instead of taking the word of an anonymous poster on an online forum, clearly having some sour grapes over not winning an approximate 3/1200 odds.

As for the final name drawn, I had no idea he's the ID chapter pres, and at this moment wouldn't know his name, unless I looked it up/went back and watched the FB Live airing. Whether he came clean that he shouldn't have been in the drawing on his own, or someone else said something, I don't know.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.