Brooks Range Sheep Hunt gear question

No sense in bringing the kitchen sink... I can see the benefit of bringing two long handled spoons though, that way when my buddy loses his he doesn't have to use a goat horn to eat soup.

attachment.php

lastcall

Lil-Rokslider
This is exactly how I operate and most of the people I hunt with do as well... I take nothing extra and nothing that I "might" need. Best of luck!

Nick or BRWNBR,
would you care to share your pack lists for a sheep hunt as in what you need.

Thanks

BRWNBR

WKR
Nicks would be much simpler than mine as I guide so I have to carry a lot of extra junk. I don’t think I’ve wrote a pack list in 15 years, just kinda go thru what I got and see if it’s all there. Mostly just go thru the staples, shelter,heat,food.

I don't write up a pack list usually, just grab what I need and go. This is about it for me, it took a few trips of me bringing too much crap to realize I could get by with much less and still be comfortable/effective.

Pack
Rain cover

Spotter
Tripod
Binos
Range Finder
Weapon
Trekking poles
Small glassing pad

Havalon w/4-5 blades
Game bags (just enough for boned out sheep/goat)

InReach
Headlamp w/ 1 set extra batteries
Camera/Iphone
Power bank

Alieve
Leuko tape
EmergenC
Tag/License

Sleeping bag
Pad
Shelter/stakes

Boots
Pants I am wearing
Merino boxers
Merino top
Fleece/merino shirt w/hood
Rain shell
Lightweight Puffy jacket
Beanie hat
Two pairs merino socks
lightweight gloves

Two smart water bottles
Wide mouth nalgene
Food (usually bagels/salami/cheese, snickers/payday, mtn house)
MSR Reactor w one fuel canister
Spork/spoon
Lighter x2

Bighorse

WKR
Nice list Nick! Looks like mine for SE Goats. Sometimes I leave the Binos behind and just use a spotter. Also I'll leave the batteries behind too. I've found one good charge does me well. I bring body glide style lubricant for my thighs and shoulders.
I wear Gaiters. I also will bring six point instep crampons. Good Stuff! I can't wait for the AK draws to come out......I'd love to hunt Sheep in 13D.

BRWNBR

WKR
I’ve got into a habit of not taking my tripod into the mountians. I have a Angled eye piece so I just lay my spotter on my pack or rocks. Less problems with wind shaking it that way as well.

Aubs8

FNG
Just a thought... I'm going on my second sheep hunt in the Brooks this August...I will be wearing Cabelas Waist Waders and hiking boots again... wore them 100% of the time during my last hunt... very convenient.

Mike