Anyone ever hunt Idaho sheep 26L

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to apply for the late hunt. Plan would be to fly in to soldiers bar with 2 hunting friends and hunt the last 12 Days. Always tough to draw any sheep tag but looking for anyone’s expeeiemce who has drawn the hunt in this rugged area. Not opposed to hiring an outfitter if it’s way too knarly of country. I Am 55,good shape and only 1 sheep beneath my belt. Looking for number 2 someday👊💥👊

Last edited:

Unoboats

WKR
Check out Tom Martiny in May Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimbersig

WKR
I haven't hunted any of the late hunts but I've flown into soldier bar and hunted in 27. it took me 14 days of hunting to find a mature ram. I don't think words can do the country justice as far as how cool it is but also how brutal it is. all of those units are low sheep densities. those late hunts can sometimes make it easier to find a ram but not always. last year there were rams still at almost 9000' in October. if you aren't opposed to an outfitter I'd look into 27-1.

I've hunted quite a bit on both sides of the river (the 26 and 27 units) over the last 10 years. Definitely need to be in top shape and be prepared to eat your tag with or without a outfitter. Extremely rough country and hard to hunt, good opportunity to kill a good ram if you have time. You will have better odds with an outfitter in these areas, but it is doable on your own as well. Look at Steve Zettel with Idaho wilderness company for a unit 26 outfitter and Dave Melton with Bighorn outfitters for unit 27 hunts. both are some of the best you will find

OP
Falcon

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
I've hunted quite a bit on both sides of the river (the 26 and 27 units) over the last 10 years. Definitely need to be in top shape and be prepared to eat your tag with or without a outfitter. Extremely rough country and hard to hunt, good opportunity to kill a good ram if you have time. You will have better odds with an outfitter in these areas, but it is doable on your own as well. Look at Steve Zettel with Idaho wilderness company for a unit 26 outfitter and Dave Melton with Bighorn outfitters for unit 27 hunts. both are some of the best you will find

Thanks. Sent you a PM