Wyoming Sheep

idig4au

WKR
So the deadline for entering the Wyoming sheep drawing just passed. Who all put in and burned $150 for a preference point?

I'm sitting at 18 points going into this year's drawing, but think I will be a victim of point creep again this year.....

Trial153

WKR
So the deadline for entering the Wyoming sheep drawing just passed. Who all put in and burned $150 for a preference point?

I'm sitting at 18 points going into this year's drawing, but think I will be a victim of point creep again this year.....
I am out of sheep and moose with 11 points. No sense throwing good money after bad..

Shepherd

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be purchasing a preference point later this year - I believe this will be #5 for me. I have a ways to go.

I didn't submit. Top point pools will keep me out at my level...my points will drop off...and I don't care at this point.
The random draw makes no sense at all.
Best chance in random would be around .44% and average odds are around .3% and cost would be around $175.
If you do the math by taking $175 and dividing by .44% you have a projected tag cost of $39K+.
You can almost book a hunt with an outfitter for that amount.

THIS NEXT PART WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!

To give you a better idea of the odds and money that you put into the draw for your expected result in the random:
You would be better off heading to Vegas every single year!
Take your $175 and walk over to the roulette machine place it on one number.
If it lands on your number you will receive 35-1 payout giving you $6,125...rough cost of a decent elk hunt 2.63% probability
Now take your winnings and put it on a color. win again and you have 12,250...rough cost of a moose hunt 1.25%
Now take your winnings and put it on a color. win again and you have $25,000...rough cost of a dall hunt .59%
Now take your winnings and put it on a color. win again and you have $50,000...rough cost of a bighorn hunt .28%
The probability of pulling this off are roughly .28% which is roughly the average draw odds of pulling a sheep tag in WY.

Once you have won the $50,000 give an outfitter a call and book your hunt.

*in no way am I suggesting that people gamble*
I was just trying to prove a point.
Gambling is worthless as well and I have never spent a dime on a ticket or machine.

deadwolf

WKR
I’ve always gotten lucky in Vegas.

And at $175 to apply, you could apply for 222.85 years before you hit that $39,000 mark you mentioned. Or $3500 in twenty years. Can’t draw if you don’t apply.

That being said, I’m glad you’re not applying anymore : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
I'm buying my 18th point this year. Waiting on all you guys one year ahead of me to clear out. It's gonna be awhile, but as long as they don't change the game and the good Lord is willing I'll hunt sheep someday!