First Lite stormtight for AK sheep hunt?

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Posting it here and in clothing forum. What are your thoughts. I have KUIU Yukon pants and its up between this and the Yukon jacket as Sitka stormfront is out of my price range. Will be running merino LS kuiu 180? i think and first ascent 800 storm down puffy under if needed. How durable and waterproof is this piece? Thanks

kory_tams

FNG
Posting it here and in clothing forum. What are your thoughts. I have KUIU Yukon pants and its up between this and the Yukon jacket as Sitka stormfront is out of my price range. Will be running merino LS kuiu 180? i think and first ascent 800 storm down puffy under if needed. How durable and waterproof is this piece? Thanks
It's a bombproof outer shell.. I took the Vapor to SE AK last year, during a few days of hard rain and wind and stayed dry, and the Stormtight is a big step UP from that! I wouldn't shy away from it at all...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I pack the lightweight version on my backpack hunts but have used the SEAK in terrible weather for a few years and I've had no issues with it keeping me dry.

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider

I have the yukon jacket and love it. I'm picking up the yukon pants for this season. I'm planning on having just the pants I wear in, the yukon rain pants, the down top and bottoms, and my wool base layers for my hunt. There is a possibility of 20 days out there. Hopefully it doesn't take that long, but you never know. I'm trying to go as light as possible.

BRWNBR

WKR
I have heard of a few guides that run the Yukon pant as their only pant and just bring liner pants for warmth.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
X2 Tobias. Will most likely wear Yukons with wool underneath. There’s a great deal on stormtight asat or green on their website so I maybe pulling the trigger soon. Want the Yukon jacket but could save ~100

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider

I wore the FL SEAK for my Alaska trip last fall. It was a great jacket I couldn't have asked for anything better. However I will say there was also Kuiu rain gear and Sitka and we all loved the gear we had chosen, we all stayed dry. We chose the rain gear based off of fit and comfort to different body types. Physically wear the gear you are shopping for and choose after that.