Colorado Desert Sheep

CoHiCntry

WKR
I'm putting in for desert sheep in Colorado and have a question I'm hoping someone will know the answer to for sure. A resource I've been looking at say's that unit S62 is only 5% public land. I know unit 62 is full of public land so I'm wondering if what their saying is it's only 5% public land where all the sheep are at? Does anyone know? Thanks...

tkjwonta

FNG
The sheep unit numbers are different from the deer/elk units, so S62 is not the same as gmu 62 out in western Colorado.

OP
CoHiCntry

CoHiCntry

WKR
The sheep unit numbers are different from the deer/elk units, so S62 is not the same as gmu 62 out in western Colorado.

I know that. In this case S62 & unit 62 der/elk boundaries are the same except on one end of the unit. if that makes sense?

Wapiti1

WKR
S62 is more like 80% public between FS and BLM. Call the biologist, but if memory serves the sheep are in the big/little Dominguez Creek area in the north of the unit.

Jeremy

OP
CoHiCntry

CoHiCntry

WKR
S62 is more like 80% public between FS and BLM. Call the biologist, but if memory serves the sheep are in the big/little Dominguez Creek area in the north of the unit.

Jeremy

I think your probably right. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. I've got a call in to the biologist... haven't heard back yet. Thanks.

OP
CoHiCntry

CoHiCntry

WKR
its almost all public my dad killed a great ram in there in 2009

Thanks! Your the first person I've come across who's actually hunted it. That's kind of what I assumed. Just wanted to be sure. That's a great ram... I'll PM you when I draw ;)

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Ahhh, that’s funny. I stopped getting that resource because the only thing they could cut and paste correctly were the errors...

OP
CoHiCntry

CoHiCntry

WKR
Lol! Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad but I first pointed it out three years ago and they still haven't fixed it. They actually expanded on it it this year and mentioned the same error in the extended comments section!

Should of just enjoyed the reduced competition in the draw

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't know how you could make the odds worse. Odd of drawing that tag are a rounded up 1%. Maybe now it will be 0.00040921985815603% chance to draw. Long shot odds, good luck. They all have heavy amounts of public land.

I'm on the sidelines for bighorns, will be spending the next five years chasing the dream.

Slayer1

FNG
I’m looking for info on 62 I drew it this year and would like some help anything would be graet