Lightweight Tripod head recommendations

Looking for some recommendations on a lightweight, smooth tripod head to go between a Swaro 65mm ATS HD spotting scope and an Outdoorsman Compact Medium Tripod. I’m not concerned about cost, I’m looking for the best. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have the compact medium, and use their pistol grip tripod head. From Kodiak to the Sheep hills, it's been a great set up.

idig4au

WKR
I also use the compact medium tripod. I use their micro pan head, which is fantastic for grid glassing with bino's. I also use it for my 65mm spotter. I also have their pistol grip, but I find i don't like it as much as their micro pan head.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have been using a Velbon Ultra Maxi M tripod with a Manfrotto 494RC2 head for over 5 years now. I really like it for that use. Just over 2 pounds for the tripod and head combined light enough and still plenty stable for my uses even with the big heavy Zeiss 85mm spotter on it.

Last edited:

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the Benro S2 head for my swaro ATS 65mm, it weights .8lbs was fairly cheap in price but for the weight and how well it works i considerate great. I wouldn't call it the "best" cause I haven't tried out all the others out there but its staying on my tripod.

I use the micro pan head with an 80mm and it's served me well since upgrading from the terrible ball head about 5 years ago. I've used the pistol grip on a few of my friends set-ups and somewhat enjoyed that as well, but see no need in purchasing one when what I have works as well.