Sheep on the Brain....

OP
adventure907
We passed on these two last season. ...just too close to pull the trigger. Thoughts? No sheep on the stick for this guy, just lots of counting in my sleep.
6efdacf5f42bdf3d4ee11d1ae2c8749f.jpg
8f1ed9858a74d14ef599e4a8e9a086dd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You made the right decisions, in my humble opinion. First one is close, but close doesn't cut it. Second one, not close.

You made the right decisions, in my humble opinion. First one is close, but close doesn't cut it. Second one, not close.
I fully agree, but I guarantee you that that first one is legal this year and the second might be too. Is it just me, or does the second one look to have some really large bases then doesn't carry the mass out very well?

Snyd

WKR
Top one MIGHT be there but either one could be a "GOTCHA" ram. Been there done that... Good call to pass...

cruzer17

FNG
Yea...we looked at this on for hours. Here is another shot straight on. BTW, he had one of the biggest body rams I have seen in personally.
36f518801aa072ad38542c8c925d161a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BRWNBR

WKR
That top one carries some great mass. He would have been tough to walk away from. These two pictures just aren’t enough to say yes or no. Paul Claus over In the wrangells had a client on a double broomer and was gonna walk away. Client finally said let’s go ahead and shoot it. 3/4 curl ended up making book. Had mass that was unreal but a body to match so the horns didn’t look that big. But the photos with people next to it where amazing. That Sheep was monsterous in the body.

OP
adventure907
He's gonna be a real nice ram if he made it through winter. Clearly a younger ram in the pictures, a year or two to mature, he'll be a great ram.

Stid2677

WKR
That top one carries some great mass. He would have been tough to walk away from. These two pictures just aren’t enough to say yes or no. Paul Claus over In the wrangells had a client on a double broomer and was gonna walk away. Client finally said let’s go ahead and shoot it. 3/4 curl ended up making book. Had mass that was unreal but a body to match so the horns didn’t look that big. But the photos with people next to it where amazing. That Sheep was monsterous in the body.

I would 100% agree with this, sheep can be tricky at times.

The ram is the back is 36ish on the long side with 13 plus bases, a solid ram any day and he looks tiny compared to the ram in front.

m8vc191h.jpg

AKMATT83

FNG
Last year's hunt will be hard to top,, this Booner is my best to date and he has been the tastiest too. Have a Kodiak Tag and air booked for the Wrangels so I'm stoked for 2018.

Ch2n9ugh.jpg

2SJeHmEh.jpg

oYFjyomh.jpg
Who are you flying with in the Wrangell's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
KIMG05931.jpg
Guided a few successful sheep hunts, but this is my one and only.

Last edited:

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Some really great photos of sheep.

Man, I love sheep, sheep hunting, sheep pics, sheep meat, sheep horns.....

Well you get the idea. :)

OregonInAlaska

Lil-Rokslider
Sad sad day for me!
I messed up my knee backpacking in the mountains last week. Must have been one of the times I post-holed in the snow:(
Apparently all my other small injuries have added up. The cartilage is broken and I’ve got some sort of groove in my femur.
My sheep season is in turmoil at the moment.
The worst part is I flyout for Kodiak day after tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bambistew

WKR
Fun thread. Here is a few pics from some of my sheep hunts.

A sticky retrieval on this guy.
P1020604.jpg

Cat and mouse through the fog for this one.
P1010482.jpg

Just before packing up and heading back to the strip, my wife and my rams.
P1050182.jpg

Both legal rams, ram on the left was double broomed, one on the right was just past FC. I had shot their buddy about 5 minutes before...
P1010914.jpg

Their buddy
P1010918.jpg

OP
adventure907
Fun thread. Here is a few pics from some of my sheep hunts.

A sticky retrieval on this guy.
View attachment 71004

Cat and mouse through the fog for this one.
View attachment 71005

Just before packing up and heading back to the strip, my wife and my rams.
View attachment 71006

Both legal rams, ram on the left was double broomed, one on the right was just past FC. I had shot their buddy about 5 minutes before...
View attachment 71008

Their buddy
View attachment 71009

Their buddy is a great ram!!! Any other pictures of him? August certainly can't come soon enough!!

Bambistew

WKR
Their buddy is a great ram!!! Any other pictures of him? August certainly can't come soon enough!!

Wish I had better pics. I didn't take enough time setting it up and was by myself. As it was I got to sleep in the cliffs that night, and finished cutting him up well after dark. Seems to be the theme with 13yo rams. :D

Attachments

• P1010923.jpg
    P1010923.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010928.jpg
    P1010928.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 58