Colorado Big Horn Harvest Sites

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone. Just got done applying for all my Colorado and Montana tags for the year and a question came up which I can’t find any “free” information on. Does anyone have the ability to guide me to a “free” list or map of Colorado Big Horn harvest sites? I know I can buy the map and all that, just curious if there is a resource I don’t have to pay for, especially because I’m most likely not drawing my sheep tag with 3+13 points and I just want to research the topic more.
Any help is appreciated! Thx all

ckleeves

WKR
On the CPW site there is a sheep statistics page where you can find harvest coordinates. That’s your best bet. The maps aren’t worth the money even if you draw imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
Convert from Jefferson's Public Land Survey System (PLSS) to coordinates from this website:

Township and Range Search By Description

You can either "Fly to on Google Earth" or copy the coordinates and go into Google Earth and map it yourself. You can add pins on a Google Earth page and have a pretty good idea of harvest locations.

That being said, some of these locations cannot be trusted. They will tell you this during Sheep & Goat Orientation. There are outfitters out there who have a secret basin or two and they don't want that shared. I can't say that I blame them.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Also, be aware people are sometimes less than completely truthful. I would take a grain of salt or two as you review all the GPS info for your unit. Guides prefer to not have the kill locations accurately placed on a map. Hunters who have buddies applying for the same unit feel the same way.