Idaho 2018 Applications due by the 30th

Its time to submit applications for Idaho Controlled hunts. I have decided to focus my efforts on drawing a sheep tag this year and for the foreseeable future and forgo any deer or elk special permits. Who else in in?

Idaho's F&G application system has been having some hiccups lately. I attempted to apply for sheep on Friday and things got messed up. A few hours later things were up and running again, but crashed before I could get my application completed. Seemed to be fixed on Saturday so I got it submitted. Just beware they've been experiencing some "technical difficulties" the past few days.

amp713

WKR
does Idaho do weighted points for sheep like Colorado or are they 100% random??

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
been kicking around the Idaho moose, but I'm not sure if i will or not yet

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have info on what the out of state fees to apply for Idaho BH Sheep are? I see on the website its something like $40 application fee non-refundable, and $2000 and change to apply which you get refunded if not drawn. Is there other fees? I have heard you have to buy a hunting license first but others have said this isnt true.........anyone know the correct info?

Trial153

WKR
Does anyone have info on what the out of state fees to apply for Idaho BH Sheep are? I see on the website its something like $40 application fee non-refundable, and $2000 and change to apply which you get refunded if not drawn. Is there other fees? I have heard you have to buy a hunting license first but others have said this isnt true.........anyone know the correct info?

Yes non residents need to buy a hunting license 160 to apply for the draw. It’s non refundable as well.

deadwolf

WKR

It’s about $250+ or so to apply unless you send in a paper application with personal check. License, application fee, convenience fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Yes the fees are totally outrageous.

For the sheep application that I just submitted. The total for the lic with fees 171.69 and the tag is 2209.81 that’s including an insane 60 convenience fee.

Your looking at about 250 unrefunded out of pocket. For most draws with slightly less than abysmal odds.....

ndbuck09

WKR
Not to bump up the numbers coming to Idaho but you do have to factor in that no one else has a higher chance than you, no matter how old you are or how long you've been paying salaries of a fish and game office for points.

Trial153

WKR
i agree, hence the reason dump 250 on a 1.25% sheep draw....
Fingers crossed

Kimbersig

WKR
not to put a damper on anyone's hopes but huntinfool did just do a pretty good video on youtube to better explain the NR odds of sheep in Idaho. A lot of people keep saying Idaho is the best odds which in terms of sheep they are good but for $250 Non Refundable its steep. Many people don't understand Idaho's draw system for trophy species and think the odds are much much better than they really are. here is the link to the video for any of you NR interested in having your hopes obliterated.

Inside the Draw: Idaho Bighorn Sheep Odds - YouTube

Trial153

WKR
The video does explain it well, however at least in my case the NR cap was always understood. I apply in NM, Montana, WY, NV, AZ, UT CO and TX when a tag is available. I still can’t come up with any place with as good numerical odds as Idaho. From a value standpoint it’s horrible compared to some other states however from a probability standpoint it’s better albeit still abysmal.