Age this sheep

EastMT

WKR
Hard to tell with that pic, left side look broomed. But without seeing rings, even then difficult, but a touch too blurry

OP
wlane87

wlane87

FNG
Sorry for the picture quality. Horns we're dark made it hard to judge rings. Had some good side angles (although no pictures) showing 15/16 curl

Russp17

WKR
Sorry for the picture quality. Horns we're dark made it hard to judge rings. Had some good side angles (although no pictures) showing 15/16 curl

Looking at his body/horns he looks like an older sheep, but with those photos just to blurry to age.

I can't tell the age with the photo provided. However, from just that image I would say that the sheep isn't legal with the guidelines set forth by Alaska in terms of being broomed off or full curl. Now, he might meet the age but I certainly can't tell.

OP
wlane87

wlane87

FNG
Thanks guys. We passed on him as well. Was the biggest sheep we saw in August. Just got the video back...

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would assume he's 7 years old based on him having a 7/8th curl and no brooming on either side.

Broomd

WKR
That's a great ram. Obviously can't determine legality with what's provided (he looks 7/8ths), but he's going to be a keeper this year. Likely 37"+/-
and legal this August..

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a great ram. Obviously can't determine legality with what's provided (he looks 7/8ths), but he's going to be a keeper this year. Likely 37"+/-
and legal this August..

I'd agree with that, seems to carry his mass well. Now if you gave him an extra year on top of this one....

BRWNBR

WKR
I’d want to see him again but wouldn’t be putting all my bets on him being legal this fall. He may only grow a half inch. I’d bet he will be at least 8 thought this fall. Based off a fuzzy pic at a weird angle. Rams got a young face though.

Does this make it any bigger of a pic?
c93f22b22cc933d8b4f2fdaa5229f675.jpg