NR Sheep or goat

Will_m

WKR
Anybody have any experience in this sector? Care to share your hunt/application process? From what I can tell on drawing, this is nigh impossible without SUBSTANTIAL time -- even as a resident. Nonetheless, is there a such thing a NR sheep or goat tag that can be drawn without high PP? Would enjoy hearing stories from anyone who has done this.

Oregon

WKR
A few states have no PP’s for either. Odds can be “as good” as 1/100.
I apply in 2 other states for sheep. Got a goat already.
If I draw in those states, then I’ll worry about how to hunt them. Can’t be that difficult once drawing. Call Bios, find past hunters, buy maps.
Go forth, hunt, kill. Really that simple. Worse case, put a dent in savings and hire guide. I will get a sheep before I die.

OP
W

Will_m

WKR
Alaska has otc goat and Sheep.

I guess I didn't specify but I meant unguided. I don't think Alaska allows NR to hunt sheep, goat, or grizz without a guide or resident-relative.

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
Montana has OTC sheep tags, but those areas have very very low success rates.

Wapiti1

WKR
Montana is it for a low/no PP opportunity on bighorn. I've done that hunt a few times and they were very enjoyable. Beautiful, but unforgiving country. Makes for a hell of a camping trip where you also pack a rifle or bow. The folks that are successful usually have a sheep scouted all summer and camp on him opening day. Sometimes it is a bit of a footrace to that legal ram. Next best odds are Idaho, and they are still pretty low.

Alaska, Mexico and Canada require guides.

Unless you have some cash and buy an auction tag. You can buy one of those every year in several states if you like and have the money.

Last comment is to consider Auodad in west Texas or New Mexico. OTC tag, trespass fee, and DIY hunt a really neat sheep in real sheep country in Texas. New Mexico is another option for an easier draw and public land. They also have OTC for some areas, but I know little about those hunts.

Jeremy