Welcome Deer Crossing Archery

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders. I meet Deer Crossing Archery (Josh and Bart) a few months ago. They are supplier of quality carbon arrows. From their website http://deercrossingarchery.com/

"Whether you are looking for bare shafts or finished arrows, we can help outfit you by the dozen without hurting your wallet. All of our arrows are made with the highest quality materials and components. Offered in 300, 350, 400, and 500 spines, our arrows provide the perfect balance of speed and down range kinetic energy. Guaranteed to be within +/-.006" straightness, Deer Crossing Archery’s 100% pure carbon arrows are truly at the intersection of quality and economy."

Welcome to Josh and Bart. You'll see Josh on the forums under the name TheArtRed

Take a few minutes to check out their blog for more info at http://deercrossingarchery.com/blogs/news
and welcome them to Rokslide.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking for an update on these. Anyone else running these arrows? Curious as to thoughts on the The SD Hunter series compared to the Easton Deep Six Injexion FMJ? Could you use Deep Six inserts?

Easton:
Straightness:±.002
Weight tolerance:±2 grains

Deer Crossing SD Hunter:
You can get full dozen, fletched with +/- .001 straightness for $135 or so.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Ive been using DCA arrows for a year and half now. They are nice shooting arrows and I really couldnt tell the difference from shooting them with my FMJ's other then the FMJs are a bit heavier. Great arrows at a great price. Josh/Bart are also long time pioneers in the arrow industry. They have got their feet firmly planted on what it takes to make a great arrow. We got some 10% off discounts floating around. I will see if I can find it for you if your interested in ordering some.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive been using DCA arrows for a year and half now. They are nice shooting arrows and I really couldnt tell the difference from shooting them with my FMJ's other then the FMJs are a bit heavier. Great arrows at a great price. Josh/Bart are also long time pioneers in the arrow industry. They have got their feet firmly planted on what it takes to make a great arrow. We got some 10% off discounts floating around. I will see if I can find it for you if your interested in ordering some.
I tempted to try a 1/2 dozen during the off season.. I'll keep an eye out for the coupons. Thanks!

How have they performed on animals? You getting mostly pass throughs, good penetration?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
How have they performed on animals? You getting mostly pass throughs, good penetration?

Nick,

I havent had a chance to stick one yet with them. Still working on that. Im a work in progress learning hunter. But from what Ive shot target and 3d they are shooting great. I havent had any tune issues with them, and they have been a solid choice for arrows for me. This year I picked up a set of FMJ's and I shot 6 of FMJ along with 6 DCA Arrows, other then the difference in weight they have been consistent for me.

[video=youtube;jpw39fBsljA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpw39fBsljA[/video]

I have some Target group Photos on my home PC will try and find them tonight and post them. Ike did a great review and testing on the arrows in that video.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
promo code tkzfan1 for 10% off your entire order Let me know if that code doesnt work. Im sure Josh can chime in with a code also.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, I don't know. They just quit returning my calls last fall. I was set to shoot their arrows last fall but they never arrived. We'd love to have them back but they gotta make the move...

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I will reach out to Bart and find out. I know Josh the Marketing guy is no longer with them. So will see if Bart has a new guy who they want to hook up on the website.

FNG
I will reach out to Bart and find out. I know Josh the Marketing guy is no longer with them. So will see if Bart has a new guy who they want to hook up on the website.

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. My name is Jeremy Blackmon I took over the Media staff and the shooting staff 1/1/15. We have made a few changes to our shooter programs as well as the media staff programs. I know there were a few changes in the latter part of 2014 that hindered communication. I have been working in the archery industry since 1990 and it is my goal to make our staff one of the best in the business. Feel free to PM me here ore email me anytime

We are currently looking to expand our advisory staff and our media staff. If you would like to know more about our programs or if you have questions about our products feel free to email at [email protected]

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
dotman, yes, they came on as a sponsor last spring.

Welcome back Jeremy. We were anxious to learn more about DCA before the communication interruption, so let us know of any new or popular offerings in your product lines.

I had been particularly interested in your Xbow series and if I remember right, they were available in the small diameter shafts? Couldn't tell from the

website http://deercrossingarchery.com/coll...bow-series-starting-at-half-dozen-bare-shafts

FNG
Robby,
The X bow series are .300 I.D. and .348 O.D. They are 8.7 grains per inch (available in 20" or 22") and they include a brass insert.