Good books?

elkslayer

FNG
Hello,

New to the site, my name is Lisa and I'm from South Dakota. Looks like a great site so far. Hopefully this is the appropriate thread for this. Anyway, I'm looking for some recommendations for mule deer or elk hunting tutorials. Or just good books in general about hunting/outdoors. Let me know!

OR Archer

WKR
Public Land Mulies by David Long and Mule Deer Strategies by Walt Prothero are two books I've gotten insight from. Of the two, Public Land Mulies would be my recommendation to you. For Elk Hunting, one of my favorite books has been Radical Elk Hunting Strategies by Mike Lapinski. As far as one of my favorite all time books I highly recommend Alaska's Wolf Man: The 1915-55 Wilderness Adventures of Frank Glaser. http://www.amazon.com/Alaskas-Wolf-...=1391372960&sr=1-1&keywords=alaska's+wolf+man

bbrown

WKR
Public Land Elk Hunting by Matt Dworak just came out. its up to date and very thourough. a realy good book
I had the pleasure to shoot a 3D night with Matt and his 2 little ones. Cant wait to pick up a copy if nothing else to help support his cause but I am sure it will be a good read.

'hunting open country mule deer' is a must for anyone interested in bow (or rifle for that matter) hunting out west. Dwight Schuh.

endorice

Lil-Rokslider
'hunting open country mule deer' is a must for anyone interested in bow (or rifle for that matter) hunting out west. Dwight Schuh.
X2. Coming from a background of hunting whitetails, I learned a lot about mule deer behavior from this book.

HighHunter1232

Lil-Rokslider
A Mule Deer Retrospective: Vintage Photos and Memorabilia from the Boone and Crockett Club Archives

Not a how-to book, but a very enjoyable read.

Yep, can't go wrong with Hunting Open Country Mule Deer, excellent book.

American Buffalo by Steven Rinella, excellent read!

One With the Wilderness by Mike Mitten, another great book.