Alps Mountaineering and Stoic ??

TK

FNG
anyone use any of their stuff(bags,tents, clothing etc.)? its on sale alot and seems to get good reviews, but haven't read much about either on here..

thanks!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Alps makes good stuff for the money, but it tends to be a little heavier. Stoic makes really nice stuff, but it is fit for pretty thin guys, usually.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have one of their pads and it worked pretty well. Like bb saix though, hea y.

swat8888

WKR
Have an Alps tent, forget the name, 2 man...semi-freestanding. Leaked like a sieve, won't buy Alps again for rainy destinations any time in the near future. The overall tent design of the tent was also poor. When you would open the door the water would immediately come spewing all over the interior of the tent.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the Alps Zephry 2 man tent (more like a over sized 1 man). I camped with it a few weeks ago for the first time and it rained like crazy for awhile and I thought it performed well. No leaks at all. For the money I paid for it and it being my first backpacking tent I couldn't be happier!

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Come to think of it, my buddy has and Alps tent that he has used a bunch. 2 man I believe, nothing to write home about, but functional for sure.