Factory ammo for 300 win mag for moose

I also think any well placed 180 grain bullet is going to get the job done.

I agree. Even the "cheap" ammo like good old Remington Core-locks.
BUT, I like to carry ammo with "premium" bullets for worse case scenario since any place that is moose country around me is also brown bear country.

JPD350

WKR
I agree. Even the "cheap" ammo like good old Remington Core-locks.
BUT, I like to carry ammo with "premium" bullets for worse case scenario since any place that is moose country around me is also brown bear country.

Roger that! Premium being something like an Accu Bond?

I can't shoot one without a guide anyway so if I run into one that I have to shoot I will be punching it with a Buffalo Bore 310 gr Hard cast out of my 44 mag.

Roger that! Premium being something like an Accu Bond?
That's what I chose for the 300 this year... But when push came to shove & I saw my bull it was the 450 Marlin Guide Gun stoked with 420 hardcast that was in my hand & did the job. I feel pretty good about that round for brownies too:)

OP
WonkyWapiti
Holy smokes, I finally found my 300 win mag Nosler Accubonds at Sportsman's Warehouse. They had 5 boxes and I snagged them all for a whopping $301.07 with tax! I really have to set up my reloading bench and learn how to use it. I thought arrows were expensive but this is getting nuts.

Holy smokes, I finally found my 300 win mag Nosler Accubonds at Sportsman's Warehouse. They had 5 boxes and I snagged them all for a whopping $301.07 with tax! I really have to set up my reloading bench and learn how to use it. I thought arrows were expensive but this is getting nuts.
Holy crap

OP
WonkyWapiti
Yeah some other words came to mind at that moment. Luckily I've been picking up some extra hours at work to fund my gear. I even had a garage sale last week and turned all the proceeds into gear funds.

ST52v

WKR
The only thing I could see was some rounds had runout. They would not be my choice for long range precision work without sorting them and checking for accuracy. I would not worry if shots were under 300 yds or so. They pretty much shot like any other factory round out of my tikka.

Good luck on the hunt. I shot my moose with a 300 Wby and 185 Bergers. First shot was a double front shoulder and the second was quartering away and I hit him in the left rear leg and the wound channel ran all the way up to the right side of his neck. I wasn't too impressed with the bullet performance but I got him down. You should be great with the accubond bullets.