Western Washington Training Hike

Brock and I are running the road side tomorrow. Don't be intimidated, Brock leaves everyone in the dust anyways!

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
If anyone wants to come shoot their bow with me after any of these runs let me know. I can bring a guest.

Heading up Peak tomorrow with weighted packs around 5. I should be around 68-73 pounds depending on which weight Scott brings. Haven't decided which side (maybe up and over?). Little Friday night sweat to get ready for the weekend! Anyone else going to join us?

Going to try and hit Mt Peak tonight and in the morning. If anybody wants to go for a run let me know

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are still doing these runs around 5:15 everyday. Anybody want to join now that the weather is a little nicer?

da8a3yqa.jpg

124 lbs loaded up for Peak tomorrow. Who's coming? Around 5-530?

Travis,

I am curious on your thought process with the weight for the training hike? 124lbs is a lot of weight, especially traveling up and down that trail. I noticed you didn't pack any of your hair care products though.....

Travis,

I am curious on your thought process with the weight for the training hike? 124lbs is a lot of weight, especially traveling up and down that trail. I noticed you didn't pack any of your hair care products though.....

Ya, i guess I don't know what you're getting at? I certainly don't hike with a high volume of weight (100+) very often, but this has been a variable increase during my training since December.

I have become a big believer in functional training. And this weight being within 10 lbs of my bear pack out last year, I believe this simulates functional training for the ultimate moment.

Plus there's a mental aspect gained in being able to sling this kind of weight that I think is highly beneficial.

I figured your reason to train with that weight was to simulate a pack out, but I figured I'd ask anyway. I didn't think it was a constant weight, but I've known guys that think carrying 100+ pound loads is justifyable all the time.

It sounds like your training regime is paying off.

Bmcox86

WKR
If this was closer I'd be in. I'm doing a rotation of rattlesnake ridge/east peak, lil si, mt si and bare mountain.

We still are doing peak every Wednesday. Meeting up again at 515 if anyone is interested on the trail (Enumclaw) side.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Brock's going to kill me today. I'm right in the middle of hibernation, and he wants to carry sand bags up a mountain.