Kifaru Late Season

mt100gr.

WKR
Not that I am in the market...just spent way to much on Kifaru gear...but this looks like an awesome long-day pack!

Anyone with one please share your experiences. Pictures would be great too.

Kifaru is one heck of an expensive drug:)

LegShot

FNG
Awesome day/2-3 day bivy pack! Handles weight like a champ. However, hauling elk quarters I would prefer a 26" stay.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Absolutely a great pack. I've used all of the Kifaru packs and its in my top 3. Super comfortable and great for day hunts. It will do a weekend trip too.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 15322I also have a Lateseason and love it, use it mainly for day hunts. Hauled quite a few animals out with it, sometimes i wish it had more pockets though, that said i have an Exo coming so we'll see how it compares. Had the 22" stays when hauling the mulie so not much lift but it was comfortable, my friend was complaining about his BL on the way out, he, he. I put all my stuff in a med pod on top with the rear quarters and backstraps inside.

Last edited:
OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
Keep it coming. And thanks. For the size, it looks like the Late Season is a very capable pack.

Solo Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had one and liked it alot, but I I did not care for the top zipper lid and how with the 24" stays it was in the way(straight up when loading, unloading....Very comfortable and versatile pack. I just wanted to go modular and ended up with the Nomad and bikini frame for day pack. Greg

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
I have the Nomad as well. I definitely like it and the modularity and will use it most of the time but there are times I know I won't want the height of the frame or need the capacity of the frame either...and packs are probably my greatest weakness.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
"packs are probably my greatest weakness." For some reason me too, more than my bows and other gear, and we dont even have any backpacking like you guys do up there. People think im crazy, ha, ha.

I Fell in love with the Late Season years ago and won't ever get rid of it. Its my go to Day pack. I hunt with it, hike with it. Use it as a carry on on airplanes for trips. Works well for overnighters, 3 day trips with the right gear. It is Very comfortable and handles weight nice. Ive packed out elk quarters and entire mule deer in one trip in it before.

Last edited:
OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
Thanks everyone. Justin,great pictures and great muley!

I figured this was a pack with a devoted following. I imagine I will have one at some point...it's probably a pack that doesn't pop up in the classifieds to often though. Once people have one, they keep it.

Keep them coming...thanks again.